Need opinions on can coozies

Pete M

flat bottom or collapsible bottom  

21 members have voted

1. 1. flat bottom or collapsible bottom

• #1 Flat bottom
    • #2 Collapsible bottom

Voting is over.

Can cooler, cozy, coozy, coolie, insulator, whatever the heck it's called.

I found out today that the first company has canceled the Forest green color for the can thingies. The remaining colors suck. So we've found another company that offers a dark green and they have 2 different styles. Assuming the price is the same, which is preferred?

#1: (notice the solid and flat bottom)

#2: (notice the holes in the bottom that allow the cover to collapse flatter than the first choice)

Can cooler, cozy, coozy, coolie, insulator, whatever the heck it's called.

I found out today that the first company has canceled the Forest green color for the can thingies. The remaining colors suck. So we've found another company that offers a dark green and they have 2 different styles. Assuming the price is the same, which is preferred?

#1: (notice the solid and flat bottom)

medium_128-dlxNCI01-bottom-.jpg

#2: (notice the holes in the bottom that allow the cover to collapse flatter than the first choice)

medium_120-NCI-Ylo-Pappys-.jpg

Flat bottom. The ones that collapse get caught on crap, then tear or spill. Just my opinion - Rich

x2 on TJbliley. EXACTLY what I was thinking but went with the collapsable vote since I got a ka-zillion coozies in the house, but a specific one for the rig would be cool. in between the seat and console, over the visor or in the glove box, i'll be ready to go at beer:30pm :beerhead:

I know it's always cheaper and easier to just do one style, but I'd take one of each for sure if that becomes a possibility.

Great, so I need to call the guy and get this order going like today and we have a dead heat. :roll: Well, I gotta run over to the Secretary of State to get tabs for the minivan, if it's still tied when I get back (likely a couple hours from now :( ), I guess I'll flip a quarter.

It's not like the top one won't squish pretty flat. :roll: It's just neoprene after all.

Agreed. And I like the collapsability.

Great, so I need to call the guy and get this order going like today and we have a dead heat. :roll: Well, I gotta run over to the Secretary of State to get tabs for the minivan, if it's still tied when I get back (likely a couple hours from now :( ), I guess I'll flip a quarter.

Therefore, my vote, as the tie-breaker, is that either one is fine! :brows:

I guarantee the flat bottomed one will come lose before the one that folds up.. The bottom is just glued on.. I seen/used both before,, The good thing about the flat bottom is its less likely to tip over when the cans sat down,, the collapsible one is better for chairs and cup holders, but isnt very stable when you sat it down on a slanted surface,, (like a hood, or roof) I still like the collapsible one better though,, you can roll it up and put it in your pocket..

Looks like collapsible won 12-9. The order has been placed. These are a bit more money than the first ones I tried to order, but the benefit is that they have a smaller minimum count. I guess I didn't really need 250 of the things lying around anyways. :roll: The new minimum is only 150. I'll still have about 70 left over, but that's not so bad.

To those who preferred the other one, I've found a good trick is to simply cut the bottom off so the can sits flat on its base. Most of the surface area is on the sides anyway. Or as a friend once said, "if your beer is getting warm on you, you aren't drinking it fast enough". :D