Don't hate ...

Super_MJ

Hello all,

I just did my initiation and purchased 1991 Comanche, I don't know much about those trucks and have tons of questions hoping I'm in the right place to get some answers.

As for the title, I noticed you guys like those toys in mint condition and mine is "just" an off-road toy that happen to be street legal. Well, the previews owner like to play around with all kind of vehicles and that's what came up from the stock Comanche he purchased 5 years ago (if anyone would like to hear about the mods in details all you need to do is ask :-)):

2005952517842053924_rs.jpg

2005936775208042203_rs.jpg

My first question(s): Current shock observers are leaking, how can I match shocks and what to look for in shock observers as well as where is a good source to purchase them?

More questions around the corner 8)

I have seen that truck on eBay several times. Nice truck for play :cheers: . You will not get hated on here...just good constructive criticism and guidance ;) :D .

Now...as far as your shock absorbers ;) ... my peference is the ProComp ES9000's. 4 Wheel Parts in the most common place to find them. I have those shocks on all three of our vehicles now.

I have seen that truck on eBay several times. Nice truck for play :cheers: . You will not get hated on here...just good constructive criticism and guidance ;) :D .

Now...as far as your shock absorbers ;) ... my peference is the ProComp ES9000's. 4 Wheel Parts in the most common place to find them. I have those shocks on all three of our vehicles now.

Thanks, I'll look into that.

i would scrap those and go with some stockers or some lift rear shackels. I have read that those types (revolvers etc) can be dangerous. I will try to find a link.

that and booty fabbing your suspen sions isn't safe either. But i do like the truck!

Please see if you can find the link as I wonder if those are dangerous on the freeway or anywhere.

cool truck, welcome to the site.

Just remember if your looking at shackles that XJ and MJ shackles from the factory are 2 different lengths. So an XJ shackle that is advertised to lift an XJ 1" will only lift a MJ aprox 1/4".

I don't think stock shackles would fit as they are not "flexible" enough.

we don't care what you do to your truck... its just sad to see a BEAUTIFUL one hacked to pieces.

yours started out beat. so we don't give a $#!T ;)

welcome to the club! :cheers:

Few beers and she'll look good again :cheers:

i think it's a short bed. i was gonna say, if it was a long bed, if you ever wanted to get rid of the canopy you should let me know. i am looking for a long bed canopy.

EDIT: i think wahoosteeler is right. the bed didn't look as long as mine though. hmmm

it believe it's a short bed. i was gonna say, if it was a long bed, if you ever wanted to get rid of the canopy you should let me know. i am looking for a long bed canopy.

Didn't made up my mind about that ... (will let you know as soon as I decide)

most definitely a longbed... easiest way to tell check out the gas filler, i know mine isn't positioned where that one is, though i couldn't tell you where exactly it IS i know its not there. :brows:

and i'm sure after a few brews she looks like a ripe beauty!