DON'T FEED THE TROLLS

JeepcoMJ

hey guys, pete's obviously not on so...

if you could, cause i'm sure it would be easier for him to fix the problems when he gets on,

please don't post on these spam posts. just makes more posts for him to delete and whatnot.

pete, please delete this too if you'd like when you see it.

-Pat

Hey, Pete can't be monitoring 24/7, who's the backup or 12 to dump this crap like immediately?

i suggested that last time lol, theres not really a need for more.

eagle is the other moderator. they do a pretty good job especially with that new spamtrap. :cheers:

Hey, Pete can't be monitoring 24/7, who's the backup or 12 to dump this crap like immediately?

Me.

But I'm not here 24/7 either.

If you see it and don't see me or Pete on-line, just send us a PM to let us know. That triggers an e-mail to tell us we have a PM.

Please do NOT post in the threads with such garbage. Expect more of it -- on another forum where I'm a moderator, we're getting several every day. Now that they have found this place, we'll probably be getting them, too.

Me.

But I'm not here 24/7 either.

If you see it and don't see me or Pete on-line, just send us a PM to let us know. That triggers an e-mail to tell us we have a PM.

Please do NOT post in the threads with such garbage. Expect more of it -- on another forum where I'm a moderator, we're getting several every day. Now that they have found this place, we'll probably be getting them, too.

:D

It was my fault they got through. I was playing around with some forum settings and one of them had the opposite effect I thought it would. Oh well, live and learn. :roll: I am surprised that only a couple posts happened though. We had about 8 spam bots sign up in the same period of time. :hmm:

It was my fault they got through. I was playing around with some forum settings and one of them had the opposite effect I thought it would. Oh well, live and learn. :roll: I am surprised that only a couple posts happened though. We had about 8 spam bots sign up in the same period of time. :hmm:

Can we track those freakin' jerks down and kneecap 'em? :mad:

And thanks you guys for running this board. You jamminz.gif

Sorta, but not in any practical sense. I can get IP addresses. But this forum software only lets me see the IP after they post, not when the just sign up, so it's a catch 22. To keep the site clean I have to keep them from posting, but if I keep them from posting, I can't see their IP. But even if I could ban all of them, new spammers are popping up all the time or using slave computers to do their dirty work so it becomes a never ending ask and almost not worth it (except to make me feel better :D ).

Sorta, but not in any practical sense. I can get IP addresses. But this forum software only lets me see the IP after they post, not when the just sign up, so it's a catch 22. To keep the site clean I have to keep them from posting, but if I keep them from posting, I can't see their IP. But even if I could ban all of them, new spammers are popping up all the time or using slave computers to do their dirty work so it becomes a never ending ask and almost not worth it (except to make me feel better :D ).

Why not a double registration...

You know, you sign up, as you do now. this generates an email with a link bringing you back to the site. Where they now see one of those rotating numbers letters filters. You know the one so someone has to actually enter the numbers before getting the final email with there actual access...

CW

I think we have the random number thing, it's just not the best in the business. I can only imagine how many fake users I'd have to delete if they all got through. :eek:

I don't know if our forum software supports the email kind. :dunno:

I think we have the random number thing, it's just not the best in the business. I can only imagine how many fake users I'd have to delete if they all got through. :eek:

I don't know if our forum software supports the email kind. :dunno:

don't think i did a random number thing to join...