Anyone watch SiCKO?

MiNi Beast

Taxes are higher but if everyone pays an extra $500 in taxes we could have something like this. People find jobs for the group discount rate through work, so be same principle being every tax payer pays as to keep it adfordable. But the only thing is right now the health of our nation whould take one hell of a toll right a way.

...been to the DMV lately?

the government sucks at running most things, and healthcare is something i'd like a choice about. if i need to make an appointment i'd prefer it be reasonably soon not a month away.

if we could reduce prices of health care that'd be cool but i wouldn't vote for anyone trying to make socialized healthcare. but i don't even think the prices are that bad anyways :dunno: i just pay the bill.

I was going to do a long report on Universal Heath Care last semester, and the more I researched it the more, and more I got confused.. The way the plans are written you have to have a law degree to understand fully. I still think it will hurt the elder who can't work, or pay out more then what they already do. As for the welfare folks, I think it would push them to get out and work instead sit on the couch eating sunflower seeds all day long. We all know those folks are going to b*@$£ and complain, but hell they already do and still receive State and Federal freebies...

TRUE THAT, people on welfare blow it for the people that need the help and are trying in life but just need a boost, which is what this is for, but no got people to abuse it and don't bother trying, this being why they are talking of removing the welfare system to some regaurd. And to say this wouldn't be abused is not so because we all know of someone that abuses the system.

the government sucks at running most things, and healthcare is something i'd like a choice about. if i need to make an appointment i'd prefer it be reasonably soon not a month away.

if we could reduce prices of health care that'd be cool but i wouldn't vote for anyone trying to make socialized healthcare. but i don't even think the prices are that bad anyways :dunno: i just pay the bill.

You say you just pay the bill. But do you have insurance? And have you ever had like a $10,000 dollar hospital bill to pay? I don't know about you but I can't afford the health insurance through my job and I pray I don't have to go to the hospital for anything. It has kinda made me a bit of a home surgeon though. I think I would take socialized health care.

Anyone from Canada have any imput?

You say you just pay the bill. But do you have insurance? And have you ever had like a $10,000 dollar hospital bill to pay? I don't know about you but I can't afford the health insurance through my job and I pray I don't have to go to the hospital for anything. It has kinda made me a bit of a home surgeon though. I think I would take socialized health care.

Anyone from Canada have any imput?

Yes I too would like to hear from you Canucks.

My wife's monthly prescription bill is about $1,700, if I didn't have insurance (which runs almost $1,000 per month) She wouldn't be on this earth any longer. I feel for those in this country that are sick, elderly and uninsured or underinsured. I sat in the emergency room with my wife at about 11:00 P.M. to 2:00 A.M. one of the saddest experiences in my life to witness the suffering I saw in those three hours.

3 days ago 3 people died while waiting to see the ER docs at a Toronto Hospital.

You think its bad in the US, its bad all over.

For me to get in and have my hand checked out when I slopped an axle on it, 7 hours.

For my girlfriend to get checked out after being kicked in the ribs. 9 hours.

Yeah we may not pay for our healthcare up front, but our taxes pay for every welfare s*tknocker that wants to slum it up in Ontario Subsidised Housing, deal dope and generally bring down the worth and beauty of our tiny little town of less than 50,000.

I'm 18, working for $10 as customer care for T-Mobile, I'm saving for Broadcast Engineering at Loyalist College, which resides in my town, allowing me to live at home while I attend. I work downtown, near the Social Assistance offce. I see fatass women that make my jeep look like Marlyn Monroe, dragging 3, 4, sometimes 5 screaming kids dressed in the latest from St VincentD'Paul (a charity style clothig shop)

These people live off the system for EVERYTHING. Hell, I watched someone load a 42" plasma TV onto a CITY BUS. I knew the family and know that the dad is pulling a scheme to stay on the dole because he doesn't want to flip-burgers at McDonald's for min-wage because he felt the need to drop-out of highschool and knock up 3 chicks 'cause it made him feel big.

I'm sick of people who live off the system I contribute to. F*ck Ive been paying taxes since I was 12 delivering newspapers. Time for some shotgun reform. I'm GLAD Ontario mandates that you must finish your highschool education before you can renew your drivers lic. I graduated in 4 years, when I entered Gr 12 I was short a credit to graduate, I pulled my weight around and got my stuff. I ended up with 72% overall average.

now I'm all mad. :hateputers:

3 days ago 3 people died while waiting to see the ER docs at a Toronto Hospital.

You think its bad in the US, its bad all over.

For me to get in and have my hand checked out when I slopped an axle on it, 7 hours.

For my girlfriend to get checked out after being kicked in the ribs. 9 hours.

Yeah we may not pay for our healthcare up front, but our taxes pay for every welfare s*tknocker that wants to slum it up in Ontario Subsidised Housing, deal dope and generally bring down the worth and beauty of our tiny little town of less than 50,000.

I'm 18, working for $10 as customer care for T-Mobile, I'm saving for Broadcast Engineering at Loyalist College, which resides in my town, allowing me to live at home while I attend. I work downtown, near the Social Assistance offce. I see fatass women that make my jeep look like Marlyn Monroe, dragging 3, 4, sometimes 5 screaming kids dressed in the latest from St VincentD'Paul (a charity style clothig shop)

These people live off the system for EVERYTHING. Hell, I watched someone load a 42" plasma TV onto a CITY BUS. I knew the family and know that the dad is pulling a scheme to stay on the dole because he doesn't want to flip-burgers at McDonald's for min-wage because he felt the need to drop-out of highschool and knock up 3 chicks 'cause it made him feel big.

I'm sick of people who live off the system I contribute to. F*ck Ive been paying taxes since I was 12 delivering newspapers. Time for some shotgun reform. I'm GLAD Ontario mandates that you must finish your highschool education before you can renew your drivers lic. I graduated in 4 years, when I entered Gr 12 I was short a credit to graduate, I pulled my weight around and got my stuff. I ended up with 72% overall average.

now I'm all mad. :hateputers:

I hear you on that BS, fat lazy bastards, lord knows we have plenty here. But do you think it does helps some in any way?

Socialized health care isn't the answer, not here in this country with all the corrupt politicians, lawyers and other jerks that would screw it up.

We would end up with inferior care, long waits, and no recourse when they "screw up".

Mandatory Socialized healthcare will never come to be in this country, I hope, because they would do it wrong.

They would tell you if you don't have coverage, the government willl give you coverage.

meanwhile all the people who have money will get the best care and doctors, and everyone on the manditory plan would get inferior care.

NO THANKS, HILLARY

I live in Canada and we got free health care as most of you probably know. I don't have a wife or kids but for myself I've never had to wait more than 30 minutes for an appointment for anything. Any time I travel to the states I get health insurance. I wouldn't want to have to pay for anything at the rates you guys do. That's ridiculous. Alberta is the only province that has to pay $44/month for the health care but they might be doing away with that soon but they also don't have provincial tax. Their tax is 5%.

Had to chuckle on the Hillary socialized medicine thing, actually she wants to make health insurance mandatory like auto insurance is in many states. That would mean if you have no money in your wallet you would be nreaking the law if you didn't have health insurance. No thanks Hillary! In 2005-6 our corrupt politicians in washington passed the prescription drug reform act that included a clause that medicare bean counters can no longer negotiate the price of prescription medication sold to medicare recipients.

My father in law is in a veterans home in Maryland and the cost of his medications is half the price of the same medication my parents get from medicare (way to go Government). Is Socialized medicibne the answer? probably not, but is the answer leave it the way it is now? In short I don't consider individuals that can't come up with a $1,000 a month for health coverage low-lifes or slummers many have good jobs, but can't pay the rent, buy groceries, pay their energy bills, car and insurance payments and fork out an extra $1000 a month for health care. Hopefully something can be done because sitting in the emergency room and watching the suffering here reminded me of the third world countries I lived in as a Navy brat (this should not be happening in the greatest country in the world).

Had to chuckle on the Hillary socialized medicine thing, actually she wants to make health insurance mandatory like auto insurance is in many states. That would mean if you have no money in your wallet you would be nreaking the law if you didn't have health insurance. No thanks Hillary! In 2005-6 our corrupt politicians in washington passed the prescription drug reform act that included a clause that medicare bean counters can no longer negotiate the price of prescription medication sold to medicare recipients.

My father in law is in a veterans home in Maryland and the cost of his medications is half the price of the same medication my parents get from medicare (way to go Government). Is Socialized medicibne the answer? probably not, but is the answer leave it the way it is now? In short I don't consider individuals that can't come up with a $1,000 a month for health coverage low-lifes or slummers many have good jobs, but can't pay the rent, buy groceries, pay their energy bills, car and insurance payments and fork out an extra $1000 a month for health care. Hopefully something can be done because sitting in the emergency room and watching the suffering here reminded me of the third world countries I lived in as a Navy brat (this should not be happening in the greatest country in the world).

:cheers: Very well stated, I concur. :D