New injectors installed... Very Happy!!

Most of you have seen the thread I started about the deal on the upgrade injectors for our Jeeps. It is HERE if you haven't seen it. Well, I figured I would post this here instead of clogging up that thread with it.

Anyway...I am very happy with the results. Smoother idle, better acceleration... and MPG is to be determined as it will take a week or so to run some gas through it to calculate that. It was at 14.5 prior to doing this.

I had a very rough idle when I first started it after the change. I thought that I had crossed up some of the plugs, so I started moving them around, but to no avail. Finally...I found this... :oops: :headpop:

Yes, I know the valve cover is leaking... ;)

I guess the rest of it got blown through the motor... :eek: :nuts:

you already had orange tops? nice...

Yea...they are some Design 1 single port injectors from a 4.6L Mustang that I bought from a guy on eBay for $20...MAN, what a mistake :oops: :roll: They were an improvement over what was in there when I bought the Jeep, but it just goes to prove once again that you get what you pay for.

How involced is it to change the injectors?
It's not very difficult at all. There are only 4 bolts (1/2" socket) that hold the fuel rail down. You remove them, disconnect the fuel line & vacuum hose from the regulator at the front and you can pull the rail out with injectors attached. I prefer to discconnect the fuel line at the rear and take the rail completely out of the truck and change the injectors on a work bench, but it can be done without doing that. The biggest pain in the butt is the little metal retainer springs around the electrical connectors as they can be a bit tough to get off sometimes.

Is there anything to help the 2.5 TBI or just better off buying a new one?
Actually, we are working on that. Keep an eye on the other thread that I started in "The Pub" as it will be updated with that info when it is available.

Most of you have seen the thread I started about the deal on the upgrade injectors for our Jeeps. It is HERE if you haven't seen it. Well, I figured I would post this here instead of clogging up that thread with it.

Anyway...I am very happy with the results. Smoother idle, better acceleration... and MPG is to be determined as it will take a week or so to run some gas through it to calculate that. It was at 14.5 prior to doing this.

I had a very rough idle when I first started it after the change. I thought that I had crossed up some of the plugs, so I started moving them around, but to no avail. Finally...I found this... :oops: :headpop:

Yes, I know the valve cover is leaking... ;)

I guess the rest of it got blown through the motor... :eek: :nuts:

Hi my comanche didnt have this when bought it he told me i needed to get one ive only driven it maybe 50 miles is it realy important?

If you are talking about the breather hose in my first picture...yes it is important as it is a primary part of vacuum/vetilation for the system and your engine will not run well without it properly connected.

ok makes sense why i thought it needed a tune up. does it shoot oil out over everything? if its not hooked up?
Yes...it could make quite a mess if there is nothing hooked up there at all.

ya i got a mess lol i got oil every where. were can i get that little tube?

ya i got a mess lol i got oil every where. were can i get that little tube?

Well, it is one half of a two part harness. The part that includes that tube is Chrysler part# 53004838 and should cost you around $45. The other half if needed is part# 53004868 and should be in the same price range.

Is it possible to just buy the little rubber grommet that holds the hose to the valve cover? or do I need to buy the whole piece?

Replacement valve cover grommets are avaiable at the dealer for both the 2.5 and 4.0 engines if this is what you mean.

Is it possible to just buy the little rubber grommet that holds the hose to the valve cover? or do I need to buy the whole piece?

Replacement valve cover grommets are avaiable at the dealer for both the 2.5 and 4.0 engines if this is what you mean.

Not on the older style engine as in my pictures at the beginning of this thread. The later style uses replaceable grommets though. ;)

Not on the older style engine as in my pictures at the beginning of this thread. The later style uses replaceable grommets though. ;)

Ah, you're right. But he didn't mention what year his MJ was though.