New injectors installed... Very Happy!!

Hey, so when you order the injectors, do they come with o-rings and all items needed for the change or do you have to pick up any other parts?
Complete and ready to go in :cheers: . You will even get a flow chart with them showing the matching.

I have heard some good things about '93-'97 LT-1 SBC injectors.

They have 6 nozzles and have the same flow rates as '91 and newer 4.0 HO engines.

Man, I had an LT1 for awhile :wall: Add this to the list of things I should've grabbed before they junked it.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a set of injectors on the way from PAI and I had a few questions regarding the install.

The FSM says that... "Whenever a fuel tube quick connect fitting is disconnected the O-rings, spacer, and retainer MUST be replaced. A repair kit consisting of these parts is available through the parts dept." Is this accurate?

Is it easier to install the injectors onto the fuel rail and then install this into the manifold or add them into the manifold first and then position the fuel rail onto the injectors?

Thanks!

Yes...you will likely need the repair kits. The kit is part# 83502745 at the dealership. They run about $16 each and you will need two.

I found it easiest to take the fuel rail out completely, install the injectors in the rail and then put it back in the manifold. The little wire clips holding electrical plugs on can be a real PITA if you still have them on yours. A lot of people don't put them back on once they have taken them off. Mine is missing two, but it has never been a problem as I have had it apart 3 times now.

I hope you used the "JEEP" discount on your purchase :brows: .

• 2 weeks later...

OK...I FINALLY had chance to check the mileage after the injector change. As I stated before...the MPG was 14.5 prior to the change. As of Friday, it is now getting 16.7 MPG. Now that did include about 20 minutes of sitting in my front yard at idle trying to make it heat up to check my cooling fan operation so it is likey just a little better than that, but 2 MPG is a good jump for a $100 investment in my book. :D

I installed my set yesterday and it went pretty smoothly aside from an o-ring getting torn during the install resulting in lots of gas sprayed around on the initial startup. Fixed that up and everything worked fine.

Thanks for the info on installation Brent, between that and the FSM it was a easy job. Thanks also to Wojtek for providing a good product and great service. thumbup.gif