Stock delay times for wiper module

Anyone have a rough idea what the delay time is on a properly working module? My stock one has been on its way out for a while now, the high setting works great but the low stops working after a few minute. Usually followed by a loud buzzing sound or non-stop clicking. Currently getting 30-40 seconds on low, 2 seconds on high with the “broken” module. Bought a very clean looking ZJ module that I was certain would fix the issue but its getting 60 seconds on low and 5 seconds on high, with the middle settings giving some adjustment. Which one is closer to being correct?

Pic is from an 87 MJ owner's manual.

I've got a bench testing setup for delay modules and wiper motors.  Basically it's a steering column with a delay wiper switch, wired so I can feed 12v + & -, with various adapters for the different year wiper motors.  I've tested a bunch of delay modules, but never bothered to note the delay times.  I think some variation is to be expected based off the individual electrical component variances, and of course 28-40 year old parts.

IMG_7911.jpeg

I just want to comment that the delay settings on my Comanche has the largest range of delay times I've come across in any vehicle from very short to almost never.

As far as I know the timer is in the switch itself and not in the module. It is my understanding that there is a variable resistor in the switch and some capacitors in module. Depending on the location of the switch the capacitors will charge up faster or slower giving you your different delay speeds. I got several delay modules and all of them were 1-2 minute delay between the fast and slow delay setting. I changed my switch out with a new one and now it works much better with the same module. 5 seconds to about 45 seconds delay.

1 hour ago, Eagle_SX4 said:

As far as I know the timer is in the switch itself and not in the module. It is my understanding that there is a variable resistor in the switch and some capacitors in module. Depending on the location of the switch the capacitors will charge up faster or slower giving you your different delay speeds. I got several delay modules and all of them were 1-2 minute delay between the fast and slow delay setting. I changed my switch out with a new one and now it works much better with the same module. 5 seconds to about 45 seconds delay.

You'd be correct on the capacitors in the module. I've got a bunch I've been slowly working on refurbing. Just don't have a way to test them since my truck is torn apart haha

1 minute ago, cruiser54 said:

I wonder what happens to the delay intervals if you add an extra ground from the wiper motor ground wire under the cowl panel. 

I know it speeds up the wipers. 

That was the first thing I did a few years ago. The ground is more than sufficient. Guess I’ll be pulling the stalk apart soon