Electrical connectors compilation

As I'm going through my build using a custom harness, I'm having to identify several connectors that have been a bit difficult to find. I was thinking of compiling the manufacturers and part numbers into a single thread in the DIY section for quick reference. I figured this info would be useful as original wiring harnesses in good condition are getting harder to come by. A reference chart could be useful for both restoration and modification. If you come across a specific connector, post it up and I'll add it to the master list. Please provide the connector location or what it plugs into, the manufacturer and the model number. A picture would also be great. If you need some help identifying a specific connector for replacement this might be a good resource also. 

I know a good chunk of them. I’ve found 84-86 used pack cons, weatherpack and molex. 
86.5-90 used metri, weatherpack and pack con. Radio connector is that Jeep|Eagle connector. 

The one I would like to know is the headlamp connector. 

15 minutes ago, eaglescout526 said:

I know a good chunk of them. I’ve found 84-86 used pack cons, weatherpack and molex. 
86.5-90 used metri, weatherpack and pack con. Radio connector is that Jeep|Eagle connector. 

The one I would like to know is the headlamp connector. 

Whatever you have data on would be great!
Headlamp connector i have somewhere and will post them up. The tricky ones are the various JDM spec connectors such as mirror switch, gauges, hvac control deck connector, overhead console and that infamous temp sensor connector for the gauge sender (this one I’m still looking for). 

6 minutes ago, ghetdjc320 said:

gauges

Like the cluster connector? Thats GM. Oh that reminds me, there is bullet connectors in all the years.

7 minutes ago, ghetdjc320 said:

hvac control deck connector

I feel like it is pack con or a version of as it uses the pack con terminals

8 minutes ago, ghetdjc320 said:

overhead console

I dont know this one, but I oddly enough know that the original keyless entry board uses a VW/Audi connector. 

9 minutes ago, ghetdjc320 said:

infamous temp sensor connector for the gauge sender

The angled one on the block head or a different one? I feel like that is just an angled bullet connector if thats the case. Plenty of older cars used such.

1 hour ago, eaglescout526 said:

Like the cluster connector? Thats GM. Oh that reminds me, there is bullet connectors in all the years.

Do you have a manufacturer and part number for that one? The HO cluster connector is the one I’m referring to. 

Here is the temp sensor connector I haven’t been able to locate. 

IMG_2803.jpeg

12 minutes ago, ghetdjc320 said:

Do you have a manufacturer and part number for that one?

No, all I know is it is GM, Jeep used it too. My 79 firebird has the same connector for its cluster.

Ahh that temp sensor plug.

6 minutes ago, eaglescout526 said:

No, all I know is it is GM, Jeep used it too. My 79 firebird has the same connector for its cluster.

Ahh that temp sensor plug.

This is the connector I’m referring to. Do you know the part number for the female plug by chance? 

IMG_2805.jpeg

IMG_2804.jpeg

This one stumped me for a while: power mirror switch plug. Turns out it’s a Yazaki PA .120 series from Japan (makes sense as several parts on the MJ were made in Japan). Looks suspiciously close to a TE 7 pin but it’s slightly different. 

IMG_2760.jpeg

IMG_2806.jpeg

Interestingly enough, even though all the big manufacturers no doubt spec’d connectors for their parts and probably even gave them their own part numbers, I don’t think many of them actually produced them in-house. Delphi (aptive) made most of GM products. So far I’ve found Delphi, Molex, Sumitomo and Yazaki connectors throughout the MJ/XJ components. What I’m aiming to compile is the actual manufacturers part numbers so we don’t have to rely on some GM, AMC or ChryCo part numbers. Another interesting one to find are the power window/lock pin connectors. Those almost look like they use the same potting material in the Mopar HO PCMs. I’ve seen ford use those though. Wonder if those may have been an in-house manufacturing attempt :dunno:

• 1 month later...
6 minutes ago, eaglescout526 said:

Not sure. I know 84-86 it was a pack con. 

That surprises me. It's almost certainly a GM switch, and I've personally rewired GM stuff as early as 1966 and not seeing anything except 56 series.  

But that was AMC-era, so who knows. 

6 minutes ago, A-man930 said:

That surprises me. It's almost certainly a GM switch, and I've personally rewired GM stuff as early as 1966 and not seeing anything except 56 series.  

But that was AMC-era, so who knows. 

Negative, that was a Yazaki connector. I’ve found several Japanese connectors as well. Building a custom harness using a painless GM column universal harness has revealed quite an assortment of different connectors. Several electrical components were made in Japan so I supposed that makes sense. 

15 minutes ago, ghetdjc320 said:

Negative, that was a Yazaki connector. I’ve found several Japanese connectors as well. Building a custom harness using a painless GM column universal harness has revealed quite an assortment of different connectors. Several electrical components were made in Japan so I supposed that makes sense. 

AMC strikes again, lol

I'll have to check the one from my 1990 some time

12 minutes ago, A-man930 said:

AMC strikes again, lol

I'll have to check the one from my 1990 some time

More like Chrysler. Chrysler was kinda in bed with Mitsubishi in the 80’s and 90’s. Up until the Daimler purchase. 

Indeed, I’m still at a loss for who manufactured the window and door lock switches. Indak did the dash switches and hvac deck, Mitsubishi radio, VDO gauges and I believe perhaps the mirror switch. Power mirrors I’m also not sure who manufactured those. 

37 minutes ago, ghetdjc320 said:

Indeed, I’m still at a loss for who manufactured the window and door lock switches. Indak did the dash switches and hvac deck, Mitsubishi radio, VDO gauges and I believe perhaps the mirror switch. Power mirrors I’m also not sure who manufactured those. 

If you look at the back of the switch bezels, the early ones say singer. The later ones say Eaton. Some have said that the switches themselves have the ford oval on them. 

8 minutes ago, eaglescout526 said:

If you look at the back of the switch bezels, the early ones say singer. The later ones say Eaton. Some have said that the switches themselves have the ford oval on them. 

Both are true here is a pic1257186214_IMG_20240415_143257530_HDR2.jpg.f3fffbc83999179a13fec8c66c152b18.jpg