Hunting idle, bad gas milage, hesitation

Would two crossed injectors (or more) cause these issues? When I replaced them with skankfoot injectors I didn't label the plugs:brickwall: and I'm wondering if thats why I'm having these problems.

Cruisers tips that might relate to the issue that I haven't done:

7, 9, 12, and 13

Please help, thanks in advance

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, TurboedMJ said:

Would two crossed injectors (or more) cause these issues? When I replaced them with skankfoot injectors I didn't label the plugs:brickwall: and I'm wondering if thats why I'm having these problems.

Cruisers tips that might relate to the issue that I haven't done:

7, 9, 12, and 13

Please help, thanks in advance

It shouldn’t make much of a difference. Sequential injection is a bit smoother at idle but untimed batch injection works just fine on many engines. Not likely to be the root cause IMO but would be good to get that fixed at some point.

2 minutes ago, TurboedMJ said:

Anyone know what this is for?

Judging by the connector with the wires cut close (right side) and the blue crimp connector with the red wire, I will say a PO did some home-brewed wiring.

I don't recognize that gray connector from my 87. 

Can you find any open connector close by that yours may fit?

• 1 month later...

Ok so little update on this, does anyone know what the fpr is supposed to look like and be rated at for the RENIX 4.0l engines? I believe I have the fpr for a 2000 4.0l, which should regulate the pressure to 49 psi. However, I have RENIX injectors from skankfoot. Would this lead to too much fuel being injected?

18 minutes ago, TurboedMJ said:

does anyone know what the fpr is supposed to look like and be rated at for the RENIX 4.0l engines?

On the end of the fuel rail.

20240113_155735.jpg

@brucecooner

With ENGINE at IDLE, vacuum hose connect, look for ≈31psi, with hose disconnected, look for ≈39psi.