Hunting idle, bad gas milage, hesitation

Did a fuel pressure test, fuel pressure with vacuum line hooked up is about 33 lb. And with vacuum line unhooked is about 42 lb. I did notice that immediately after priming the pump or shutting the truck off the fuel pressure started dropping.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It’s normal to have it drop pressure in rotary vane pumps. It shouldn’t be a super fast bleed and should always hold some residual pressure. You can add a check valve inline to help keep your system primed. 

48 minutes ago, eaglescout526 said:

Clamps good and tight?

Yeah they are. Although when I first pulled the pump, I noticed there was some fuel residue on each end of the hose. 

Did this all start when you swapped injectors or were you experiencing these issues before the swap? Cam and/or crank sensors come to mind. Instead of grouping all issues together and trying to find a single source, try isolating one of them and tracking it down. For instance, with a bad idle, you could try disconnecting injectors one at a time and see if you notice a difference. 

44 minutes ago, ghetdjc320 said:

Did this all start when you swapped injectors or were you experiencing these issues before the swap? Cam and/or crank sensors come to mind. Instead of grouping all issues together and trying to find a single source, try isolating one of them and tracking it down. For instance, with a bad idle, you could try disconnecting injectors one at a time and see if you notice a difference. 

As far as I can remember it's been doing since I got the new fuel pump. The new injectors did make it run better, but that's because the ones they replaced were $50 ebay specials.