Tool recommendation for pop rivets

I was trying to use 3/16" rivets today and broke my old Pop brand rivet tool.  I purchased the available tool at Home Depot by Arrow, and found it broke on the first rivet.

I am trying to install new tailgate bumpers which use a large rivet.

Does anyone have a recommendation on a high quality pop rivet tool that will actually work on big 3/16" rivets?

I ended up ordering a Malco, we'll see how it performs when it gets here.  American made and very well reviewed.

9 hours ago, 75sv1 said:

Maybe Marson or Arrow. I think they used to be good brands. Maybe check the pawn shops. See if you can find a good old US made one.

Marson was my second choice based on reviews I found.  Arrow is the brand I just purchased and broke on the first rivet. 🙁

We’ve got a basic Arrow at the shop. I’ve put in 1/4” rivets in with it without breaking it, although I’ve definitely had it jam up a few times and I’ve needed to pull the tip off and extract a rivet tail from somewhere it shouldn’t have been. 
If you’re wanting to spend money anyhow I’d recommend getting a pneumatic rivet gun. You might not be able to get it into every nook or cranny that you can a manual riveter, but if you want power out of your rivet gun for heavy rivets, that’s your best bet. 

I ended up even breaking the handle on the very nice Malco rivet tool trying to put in the stainless rivets I was attempting to put in.  I gave in and purchased a box of 3/16" aluminum rivets, welded the handle back on the rivet tool and installed the rubber tailgate blocks easily.

I have a Stanley one that works just fine for 3/16. Made in China too lol. After country of origin, try to find something made pre-covid. Manuafacturing, from what I’ve seen, took a huge fall in terms of quality during and post covid and that goes for US and foreign made. Just my .02

Don't discount used ones. I have an 80s black and decker one I got at a yard sale more than I decade ago. Lived in my work toolbox for a while and has been home use for years. Has probably popped 1000s of rivers.