Jeep KJ Part Source

The wife's 2004 Jeep Liberty has door gaskets that are finally giving out.  I have been searching for a source for a replacement, but so far, and found nobody that carries weatherstripping that is intended to be OEM replacement equivalent.

Of course, Mopar says the part is discontinued and no longer available.

Can any serious Jeep experts one offer a suggestion for a source?

I have checked ALL of those sources.  A few sources point to Mopar OEM, but when you look at the details, it says "no longer available".

I look at eBay, but  I do not want weatherstrip from around here in AZ, because the heat/sunlight makes rubber parts dry out and crack.  Oddly enough, no wrecking yards on eBay seem to be listing this item.

Maybe try reaching out to steelerubber or Precision Replacement Parts and they will sell you the very generic door rubber moldings cut to size. worth a shot!

I just did the door gasket on my comanche and the one on my astro van. The gasket material was nearly identical from two different places.

22 hours ago, Salvagedcircuit said:

Maybe try reaching out to steelerubber or Precision Replacement Parts and they will sell you the very generic door rubber moldings cut to size. worth a shot!

I just did the door gasket on my comanche and the one on my astro fan. The gasket material was nearly identical from two different places.

I just perused the Steelerubber catalog, and I am pretty sure they have a gasket that will meet my needs.   They sell it by the foot, so I can buy as much as I need to get the fit correct.

THANKS FOR THE TIP ABOUT THESE GUYS!!!

If you do get new door gasket material, keep in mind it makes closing the door take more effort. You will need to apply more force to close the door until the new gasket ages a bit and deforms from being under pressure. In the short run, you may actually be better off getting a decent looking gasket from a junk yard like the guys mentioned above. Sorry I forgot to mention this earlier :doh:

6 hours ago, cruiser54 said:

I was hoping you would come up here and we could go to lunch. 

You know, I might stilll take you up on that.  Let’s take this back channel and plan a meet-up.

My KJ (02) driver door seal has a little tear in it.  It's still completely functional but it bugs the crap out of me looking at it.  I grabbed a good condition one out of a junkyard KJ with intentions of swapping it in awhile back....it's still hanging in my garage lol.  I'll get to it one day this spring.

I think my 'yard charged me like $10 for it when I got it.  If you want I can take a look for some the next time I'm down there.