Renix removal

1 hour ago, CoMANches60 said:

Found an hei at team performance says it will fit amc 232,242,258 4.2l.not sure about this company.wondering if anyone has ever tried there products.sent an email but no reply yet

Here is a link to exactly what I have. I've put about 6,000 miles on mine and it was used when I got it. I've had to replace the ignition control module, but that's it. I do not know how many miles the unit has on it, but it has been pretty great. And most of the parts are shared by GM vehicles with an HEI distributor.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/dui-40620bl?rrec=true

3 hours ago, 89 MJ said:

Here is a link to exactly what I have. I've put about 6,000 miles on mine and it was used when I got it. I've had to replace the ignition control module, but that's it. I do not know how many miles the unit has on it, but it has been pretty great. And most of the parts are shared by GM vehicles with an HEI distributor.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/dui-40620bl?rrec=true

4 minutes ago, CoMANches60 said:

Tried the summit link but check fit link on that site did not cover my 4.0 242

The distributor will be the same between a carbed 4.0 and a 4.2, I believe. You’ll want one for a 4.2
I think @89eliminator has an MSD setup on his truck, maybe he can shed some light. 

• 1 month later...
On 12/8/2023 at 7:01 AM, cruiser54 said:

Grab an HEI distributor from a 250 ci Chevy six cylinder.

Remove the drive gear and install one from an AMC V8. Done. 

So, Crusier54, what is the advantage of dropping/replacing the Renix ecm and adding the HEI distro?