Comanche full exhaust options, sans header

I have a 4.7L stroker and have an afe stainless header.  The outlet is just the same doughnut 2-1/4" as usual.  I had a shop run 2-1/2" pipe after the downpipe with muffler, no cat.  They simply ran the small pipe in the larger pipe and put a clamp on it.  The system had several leaks as nothing was welded, they just used clamps and exhaust puddy.  The muffler inlet broke and completely came apart.  There isn't any type of flex pipe installed since I had Brown Dog mounts at the time they said the motor would never move.  I have since went back to the OE rubber mounts and need the exhaust quiet.  When I start the truck outside it wakes my wife up nearly every morning.  I am tired of the exhaust leaks and the noise.  The stroker is actually a letdown for me, not the power I was expecting and the noise is just annoying.  What options do I have?  I would like to just buy the pipes and hang them myself, but I don't have a welder.  I want to be able to remove it since the crossmember won't allow you to pull it out if you have to service the trans/motor/tcase.  

I was going to get all mandrel bent stainless at one time, now I just want simple walker or something bolt on.  The problem is I don't want to pay $800 for a cat just to put the whole thing together.

I'm not sure of your options, but I agree that I've grown to really like stock fairly quiet exhaust systems.  My Comanche's exhaust is all stock except for a Flowmaster FX muffler.  It's the perfect amount of noise at idle without really hearing it while driving.  

Even it is pretty loud at startup as these trucks rev up pretty high at startup.

Been down this road before myself. You’ll need a competent exhaust shop. No need for mandrel bends. Just have them run a 2.25 or 2.5 all the way and use all the oem hangers ancluding the one on the crossmember. Grab a stainless spun magnaflownuniversal cat with heat shield and whatever muffler you prefer. I hated the fuel smell running catless. It was exhausting :laugh:. I’ve also had a few strokers. Always been a letdown for me too. The 4.0 is a good jeep engine that I’ve learned to appreciate mostly in its stock form.  

I'd also think the CAT might act like a resonator chamber. I'd run 2.5 on a full stroker. Also, what diameter TB? I'd run at least a 60mm, 62mm would be better. I'm using Brown Dogs, and still have a flex pipe. I used a 'V' band clamp. Really like it.  

7 hours ago, ghetdjc320 said:

It was exhausting :laugh:

:roflmao:

It’s a shame that Walker doesn’t make the exhaust systems anymore. I’ve had one on my truck since 2019 with no issues. I think it sounds pretty decent too

13 hours ago, fiatslug87 said:

I’ve used exhaust band clamps and haven’t had any leaking, did they just use the u-bolt type of clamps?

IMG_3249.jpeg

Yes just the ordinary muffler clamps.  Could you guys post some links for the whole system?  I have used these clamps before and they are very nice.