Could Have Been Bad

Drahcir495

Got out the chainsaw so I can cut the hedge down to a manageable level. I needed to pull out a branch that was intertwined in the the rest of the uncut shrubs. I relaxed my other arm that had the chainsaw in. The chain was still spinning and it caught the front of my shoe 😳. Felt like a real idiot. Dayeem did I luck out ->
0B481B25-4808-4CF0-A066-12F2F7D9E807.jpeg.0b1a5136c41d04fed6d24eb71cc2a1e9.jpeg

I know, I should have known better. Lotto lol. Yes I should get me a pair for Christmas! I had protective eye ware on but shorts and sketchers on duh. In my defense, we don’t do a lot of chainsaw work here. I haven’t used on in 5 years at least 

It’s good to get in the habit of smacking the chain brake with your wrist whenever you stop cutting things. But even then you gotta watch it.

A friend of mine working wildfire ended up with 17 stitches in the back of his knee when he was just carrying one that wasn’t even running, just smacked himself with it while walking through long grass, in full PPE. Apparently saw pants don’t always protect the back of your legs. 
To that point, if you’re buying them specifically for purpose, at the very least make sure they’re an actual metallic toe cap. Composite toes won’t even slow down a chainsaw. You can even get specific saw boots that have the same saw-jamming Kevlar fibers that chaps and pants have if you want to get real fancy about it. 

Ouch. Not even running - geeze. I have only used it a couple times for the 10 years I've owned it. I thought hmmm I should get more than the eye and ear protection on, but I wasn't going to be doing much - I've got this. Will definitely be thinking about that next time