when life gives you lemons... :)

Pete M

as some of you know, my father isn't improving quite as fast as we'd hoped from the pneumonia (still improving though, which is the important part!) and so I had to keep scaling back our long planned Halloween Disney trip from camping in the trailer for a week and a half, to staying in a hotel for a week, to then just 4 days, to eventually canceling and refunding the whole thing.  well, almost everything.  unlike most Disney stuff, special event party tickets like the Halloween party at Magic Kingdom are not refundable.  BUT I found out they are re-assignable. :D  so I concocted an "Uncle-Pete-plan" (as they are apparently known) to blow like 500 of the bucks I just made (selling parts to you guys) on flights/busses/food to take my niece and nephew for a 30hr whirlwind trip to make use of those party tickets.  so I reserved the various transportations and then on tuesday we got up super early to start forging some core memories with their first plane ride, first ever Disney experience, first ever driving a car, first ever roller coaster, first ever singing robots, second ever roller coaster, first ever parade, first ever ibis trying to steal their lunch, 1st/2nd/3rd ride on Pirates of the Caribbean, first ever serious fireworks show, and so much more. 

best lemonade ever. :D 

I am very tired though.  if anyone needs me, wake me up in a few days...

helping her brother see out the plane window

IMG_20231024_105939_515.jpg

the big letters outside the disney All Stars hotel

IMG_8886.JPG

my family takes a picture with heavy metal Mickey every trip so I made sure to stop by :D 

IMG_8894.JPG

we didn't actually get on the monorail. :(  the day crowd was pouring out of the Magic Kingdom and we kept getting filled trains so we just hoofed it back to the park.  soooooo close.

IMG_8919.JPG

their first experience with an audio-animatronic.  I wanted this to be first because they could just stand and stare and wonder, so made sure we had lunch with Sonny Eclipse.  :D  and yes, I was asked if he could see us. 

IMG_8937.JPG

riding on the People Mover  :D 

IMG_8950.JPG

look at that smile. :D  her first ever solo drive of, well, anything.

IMG_8980.JPG

yup, 'tis the castle  :D 

IMG_9033.JPG

taking a break with their first Dole Whips :D 

IMG_9043.JPG

oh my.  their second ever coaster (the first was an hour earlier but I didn't snap a pic for some reason).  clinging on for dear life before we even leave the station.  :D

IMG_9077.JPG

the Buzz space ranger spin.  essentially a laser based shoot 'em game.  they did pretty good once they got the hang of it.  I maxed out the score again. :D 

IMG_9067.JPG

breakfast of champions!  :D 

IMG_9122.JPG

horsing around with one of the various props at the Hotel. :D 

IMG_9127.JPG

finally, a Mickey premium ice cream bar! 

IMG_9140.JPG

occupying herself while we waited for our flight.  kids are weird.  :laugh:

IMG_20231025_155353_463.jpg

got some rock versions of Disney songs in their ears and JP magazine in their eyeballs. :D 

IMG_20231024_104706_459.jpg

and watching some Mickey cartoons on my phone

IMG_20231025_191750_455.jpg