Stainless Steel Tailgate Handle Kits - NEW PRICE - $59

August 2023 Update: Prices reduced to $59, which includes all necessary hardware and instructions.  I also sell fully-refurbished assemblies for $149.

Today is the day you've all been waiting for. After months of R&D, replacement tailgate handle kits are now for sale. In stock and now shipping. The kit includes a new stainless steel handle and all hardware needed to refurbish your existing backing plate. I've also created a YouTube video to outline the installation process (link on the page below).

https://boxyjeep.com/products/jeep-comanche-replacement-tailgate-handle-1986-1992

Thanks—it’s taken me a long time to source all the small parts, test fit, revise the CAD designs, and get the prototypes made.  Happy to finally be able to offer these to the community.

Great video, you didn't show putting the spring on, let's assume that's straightforward. I think if the metal clips are OK people should reuse them as they will last longer.

Your website doesn't support shipping to Canada, do you not ship outside the US?

1 hour ago, 91Pioneer said:

Great video, you didn't show putting the spring on, let's assume that's straightforward. I think if the metal clips are OK people should reuse them as they will last longer.

Your website doesn't support shipping to Canada, do you not ship outside the US?

Sorry, part of the video looks like it got missed.  I’ll work on setting up Canadian shipping and let you know.

1 hour ago, SoCalJeepComanche said:

I do, however, the plastic replacements are quite a bit better.

Oh whew. I kept what ever I have on the XJ and swapped some to the MJ. I just sacrificed a plastic clip for its ring base and run the metal. Less risk of breaking at the important part. 

20 hours ago, SoCalJeepComanche said:

I do, however, the plastic replacements are quite a bit better.

For now. But they are plastic, and over time plastic loses plasticizer and become brittle.

I'm not faulting you for including plastic clips with your kit but, given my druthers, I'd druther use metal.

13 minutes ago, Eagle said:

For now. But they are plastic, and over time plastic loses plasticizer and become brittle.

I'm not faulting you for including plastic clips with your kit but, given my druthers, I'd druther use metal.

Folks can certainly keep and reuse their existing metal clips.  That being said, the original clips are two parts--one plastic, one rubber...

• 2 weeks later...

Got mine today, looks nice, although I probably won’t be using it since I found a chrome one but it’s nice to have options/backups. It’s great to see someone finally making these after so many fits and starts. Continue the good work:L:

• boxyjeep changed the title to Stainless Steel Tailgate Handle Kits - $79
  • boxyjeep changed the title to Stainless Steel Tailgate Handle Kits - NEW PRICE - $59

Prices lowered to $59 per set!  Quick international shipping.  My site uses Shopify and accepts all major credit cards, PayPal, Shop Pay, and some international credit cards.

I also have a few fully refurbished assemblies for $149.  Simply bolt in and that's it.

Tailgate-Handle---Square.jpg.4b27664816234a136160ae0808886b84.jpg

• 1 month later...