Keep Topper?

Drahcir495

I am debating whether or not to keep the topper on or just go for the bed box? I realize the benefits of having a locking topper - plenty of room etc. I'm basically looking at how it looks :dunno:. I just don't like how that back window makes it look dated. What do you guys think; run with it or just put in the box?

2128.jpg.7534cac47fa449fa8928f21a6000342d.jpg

3099.JPG.10d181c0e9409e517c83f1f376b0b64d.JPG

I've come to appreciate a topper for my pickup(s). Especially if you get snow where you live. Depending on what your up too, clearing the snow off your vehicle is one thing but then also clearing it from your bed is another, no thanks! I typically remove the topper(s) during the summer and then re-install them for late fall and winter.

I pulled the canoe rack out of my short bed recently and I’m really liking the clean look of nothing in the back. I typically would have left it out for winter but it just didn’t happen this year. 

I’ve never been too concerned about snow in the bed. I’ve got a sheet of plywood down in the bottom of it that makes shovelling it out easier if I really need to. Three or four scoops is all it takes. 

On 3/28/2023 at 2:17 PM, NHMJXJ said:

@ThatJeepGuy I think he's in S. Central Florida if his profile is up to date.  

Truck looks equally good with or without the cap, but I like the open bed.   I really miss my long box.  Yours has the perfect stance. :L:

Thank you :L:

I'm going to leave it on for now. I can always take it off. A lot of pluses keeping it on though. Get it painted to match while doing the rest of the truck. 

I would definitely keep it. The long bed toppers are getting harder and harder to find, and I see way less high rise ones then the even with the cab ones. 

And I'm biased, but think a lifted lwb with a topper is the best look for an MJ.

7 hours ago, Drahcir495 said:

Thank you :L:

I'm going to leave it on for now. I can always take it off. A lot of pluses keeping it on though. Get it painted to match while doing the rest of the truck. 

I would leave the color alone. It’s a close enough shade that it’s not a garish contrast. Save your money for more important things.