Are MJ's....actually safe?

Classy Comanche

If a certain vehicle takes someone out of their comfort zone, they probably shouldn’t be driving that vehicle. A person who is overly cautious can cause accidents just like a person who is overly confident (the on-ramp is a great example of this). A Comanche doesn’t seem like that old of a vehicle to me but that’s just because I grew up riding in tri-5’s and early mustangs that my dad and I would work on. I recall the accelerator linkage getting stuck at full throttle, brakes going out and having to pump them up to get any stopping power, a rear end getting locked up going down the road etc etc. Cars are definitely safer today. Although I do find that there seems to be a tendency towards complacency when you have certain “smart” car features. 
There really aren’t any regulations regarding modding your vehicle. You can basically re-engineer the entire thing and there isn’t anyone who’s going to check that work. Throw some shoddy work in the mix and that’s a recipe for disaster. Imagine a welded control arm, crossover steering or track bar giving out while driving… the scenarios are endless

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...