mj -yj renix info

Hey i have a 89 comanche the body and chassis was breaking apart as well as other mainframe problems so i tookthe i6 with the ax-15 and tcase out and am going to put it into my 94 wrangler (I4)  and i need to know what to do with swapping over the renix system 

and the wrangler fourms give no real helpful info I'm aware this is not the wrangler page but into would be nice just need to know everything about the renix system to run

Like most engine management systems, it's all about just having the right sensors in the right places.  The engine harness is still going to be engine bay shaped.  I'd grab it all and swap it over.  Drill a few holes in the firewall to send the wires through and hook it up.  You basically already have the full package, the mechanical connections and ancillary packaging are probably going to be the main hurdles.  You can certainly look at the six cylinder YJs for inspiration for a lot of it.

The connectors on the Renix ECU don't look very waterproof to me so if you mount it under the hood, consider the weatherproofness.

1 hour ago, 1989mjutah said:

thats the easy part i have the mounts and a buddy that will weld them my only concern is how to fire the i6

bring over all of the wiring and make it fit... somewhere.  plus fuel pump stuff.  you'll either need to integrate it all with the current body wiring, or pare it back to make it a stand alone control system. 

18 hours ago, Pete M said:

bring over all of the wiring and make it fit... somewhere.  plus fuel pump stuff.  you'll either need to integrate it all with the current body wiring, or pare it back to make it a stand alone control system. 

i want the standalone system any tips also i don't wanna butcher the mj just in case someone else swappes a xj moter into it cause its gonna be sold 

so could i buy an 89 xj harness and run it? if so what exactly should i buy to run it