Won't stay running after AX 15 swap

Of course.

Harmless bull snakes aka gopher snakes. 

Rule of thumb is if they act pissy, leave them alone or just scoot them out of the road.

If not pissy, pick em up!!

Can you imagine how difficult it is to steer a vehicle with one of those guys wrapped around your arm on the way home?

In other news, the 4x4 shop finished the driveshaft. Needed to remove about 1" due to the AX-15 and transfer case being slightly longer. Came back looking good. I would have been happy with getting the rusted driveshaft back, but they replaced the U-joints, cleaned it up, and painted it. It will be the nicest thing on the Comanche. Course I had to pay for those extras...

6b93fafff681c16858a71e8bdbdbed57c760c66d-1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

My sons did the work, but here's the report. Took the week off to work on the Comanche with my sons. They figured this out yesterday.

Replaced the CPS with no change. Just installing the cheap, poorly constructed CPS was an ordeal...

Purchased and was prepared to install a new ignition cylinder since the key worked intermittently. Took the steering column apart and adjusted the previously installed ignition switch and that solved that issue.

Found that jumping a relay solved the issue of getting the fuel pump to run when the key was in the on position. Ended up permanently jumping the relay. So the fuel pump now runs whenever the key is in the on position. 

Bottom line, back to having a running Comanche!

IMG_20221228_120756037.jpg

With this setup it looks like your running Fuel Pump Motor current and anything else on Fusible Link G, through the IGN SW. Might be OK, but then again, it might not. Check Splice_E (Engine Control Harness).