What happened to Santa??

jtdesigns

To me this $#!& is .... well theres no words I express the anger.....

http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/category/toy.html

AMERICANS WAKE UP! ......................... Why the HE|| can't I go get my

daughter a bottle that says "MADE IN USA" or anything from WALMART that says

it too?????????????? This country saddens me... I'm going off grid.....

:headpop: :headpop: :headpop: :headpop: :headpop: :headpop: :headpop: :headpop: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :headpop: :mad: :headpop: :mad: :hateputers: :hateputers: :headpop: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :headpop: :mad: :hateputers: :mad: :headpop:

:bowdown: CHINA ------ LOL KISS MY A$$

damn, that's a lot of recalls. this is exactly why we need to re-open the factories we once had that produced high quality products, at the same time it'll give many unemployed people jobs and maybe we can lower the poverty level down, i don't know how high it is right now, but it might get some people off the streets, maybe even turn our country around and head down the right track. just about everything is made in china now, and they are trying to kill us. damn china. if it doesn't come from china it comes from another foreign country, and just about all of it is just worthless pieces of $#!&. whether it is tools or toys, usa made durable and high quality products, all worth it's price.

Everyone please keep the discussion civil (if that's possible).

China has some major problems with oversight and quality control that come from having a corrupt government and an un-empowered work force. But change is on the horizon and I'm hoping for the best here. Maybe all the current problems will convince Americans to put a bit more effort into their purchases, thus forcing the big companies to do the same. It's all about the money unfortunately. :(

But the internet and the cell phone are making it harder and harder for the Chinese government to maintain an ignorant and subserviant (sp?) workforce. They just might start to unionize yet (or some form of a union).

America's workforce can't compete with forced labor....esp when its children.

It just makes me so mad that we support all of that by buying a happy meal...

I went through my 3 kid's toys and the only thing I saw that wasn't made outside the U.S. was a freebie I had as a kid.

I got an e-mail from a friend that had the posted link in it.. checked it out and was awe-struck.....

I don't believe the jive about "mistakingly overlooked" especially when some of the chemicals included GHB a horse tranquilizer...

All I ask is for anybody who gives a hoot ,,,,,,,, NOT to buy Chinese if all possible.

Do not get me wrong, I am a buy american guy. But in times like this the bottom line is what it's about :cry:

As for the list :roll: When I was a kid, all my toys and bed was painted with lead paint :eek: Did not have a car seat, mom held me or put me on the back seat to sleep 8) And when she was holding me she did not have hre seat belt on due to the fact the car did not have them :D Some of the items on the list needs taken care of, other items jsut need the parents to use some common sense and watch over the kids.

I hear you jtdesigns, when I hear things like I grew up with lead in my toys I have to wonder. Here in the US of A every generation should be better than the last generation(what else could any parent aspire to). My father always said he wanted me to live better than he did and encouraged me to go to college or learn a trade. I also grew up when there was much we did not know about lead, DDT and other chemicals that can harm us. I think the difference between now and then is that we know the difference between bad and good and to me knowingly putting lead into a toy today is far worse than it ever was when we at least could claim to be ignorant of the effects of lead especially where our children are concerned. Can't we all at least agree that this is beyond a "buyer beware mentality".

Do not get me wrong, I am a buy american guy. But in times like this the bottom line is what it's about :cry:

As for the list :roll: When I was a kid, all my toys and bed was painted with lead paint :eek: Did not have a car seat, mom held me or put me on the back seat to sleep 8) And when she was holding me she did not have hre seat belt on due to the fact the car did not have them :D Some of the items on the list needs taken care of, other items jsut need the parents to use some common sense and watch over the kids.

OK now that explains alot then.....:D j/k'n You know, what you said makes alot of sense. I'm sure we all rode in the rear deck before.... I don't remember a car seat either, but then again those cars were humongous, and built like a tank.

I guess I've calmed down a little .... 8) nahhhh this is BS We need to make a stand. Who was it that said "You got to stand for something, or you'll fall for anything."

It's just that Christmas is around the corner, and I'm having issues about what I'm going to do. I don't want to let my kids down but I don't want to kill them by having them poisoned by some toy.

I hear you jtdesigns, when I hear things like I grew up with lead in my toys I have to wonder. Here in the US of A every generation should be better than the last generation(what else could any parent aspire to). My father always said he wanted me to live better than he did and encouraged me to go to college or learn a trade. I also grew up when there was much we did not know about lead, DDT and other chemicals that can harm us. I think the difference between now and then is that we know the difference between bad and good and to me knowingly putting lead into a toy today is far worse than it ever was when we at least could claim to be ignorant of the effects of lead especially where our children are concerned. Can't we all at least agree that this is beyond a "buyer beware mentality".

:agree: It's just wrong. The bad thing about it is it's not just lead but other chemicals too. I heard something about China not allowing wood being shipped into their country. We have to use steel or another type of metal/plastic. While they ship everything in wood. I mean its like we're giving them our resources to have our kids, our future poisoned.

Yes, we have to take a stand, and we need to make things better for our kids. But it takes a lot more then posting here. It makes me mad when someone makes the statement "I am with you" and " we have to buy American " but yet they will go out and buy something from China or support a company that is moving production to China and will try to justify it :roll:

In our world now it takes knowing who you are dealing with when you buy something and be willing to pay for "made in the USA"

Cooper tire is a good one. You think you are dealing with a American Co. and American tires when they and moving more and more operations to China and having a lot of tires made by Kinda Tire.

The USA needed to take charge 20yrs ago, now it's to late to turn the tide. We can only do what we can, and support the small American Co :USAflag:

This is a topic that is kinda important to me. As a UNION worker.. I can tell you it is hard for us to compete with the overseas. If it wasn't for the fact that there is political unrest around the world nothing would be "Made In Th USA" anymore. WE as American citizens have encouraged the overseas companies by continuing to buy their products. Think how many times you pick up a tool and see "made In the USA" on it. I can tell you it is getting harder and harder to find that.

I was really sadened the other day when I put on a new set of Carhart coveralls. I looked in the pocket it said" assembled by union workers with foriegn goods :cry: Now mind you I paid double for these as compared to the same style ones down at the Wal-Mart. :mad: The main reason why I bought these was cause they were "MAde in the USA"

we have become a consumer country, everyone has become a consumer, even with medical stuff, people aren't considered patients anymore, we are considered health care consumers. basically all we do is import, we don't export hardly anything at all. which is really bad for the economy and what the hell would we did if these foreign places like china cut us off of the supplies, we'd be screwed.

Thanks Charles.

The only way we would be screwed is if we were cut off from oil. We export a lot of agriculture goods. We export alot of our commodities. We basically sell our raw material.. then have it made overseas.

EVERYONE say THANKS Wal-Mart. they have lead the charge when it comes to buying foriegn goods. Next time you are in there.. wlas down the ailse.. and try and find something made in America. I bet except for in the food area.. you won't be able too.

My favorite thing to do... is ask a Wal-Mart employee if it is made in America.. they look at you like you are crazy.

I bet except for in the food area.. you won't be able too.

Forget that :nuts: I do all the gro. shopping and a few weeks ago I was having a fit trying to find canned goods that was from the good old :USAflag: and it was not Wallmart :mad:

I thought this topic was about unsafe toys? The topic of buying American is an odious one as I know of no one that buys completely American, you can do your best to buy Amercian but in the end even our food comes from somewhere else.

The topics are intertwined. In the US we have far more stringent rules for manufacturing and the like (we've got lots o' lawyers). Overseas, well, that can be a problem.

I thought this topic was about unsafe toys? The topic of buying American is an odious one as I know of no one that buys completely American, you can do your best to buy Amercian but in the end even our food comes from somewhere else.

The topics are intertwined. In US we have far more stringent rules for manufacturing and the like (we've got lots o' lawyers). Overseas, well, that can be a problem.

Hmmm I thjink the problem is universal we have our fair share of recalls here like the Firestone tire recall that have caused deaths (I think one of the plants was in Decatur Illinois), we have had many issues of late with E-coli in our home grown foods. I used to shop at WALMART when Sam Walton was alive. Many of you younger whippersnappers might not remember Sam prided "made in America" as far back as 1991. He must be turning in his grave to see what his family has done to his company. I think "buying all american" these days is nearly impossible but many of us do try.

Buy USA is all well and good, and we all can try to, but let's face it, we can not compete economically anymore on both national and global scales. Especially globally. Our factories are shutting down right and left because the unions have driven employee wages up in the past (and not underservedly in all cases), management has passed these costs on the consumer, and the few Made in the USA products left are so damn expensive no one can afford them. So the factories go belly up one after the other. And a lot of folks would rather sit on their butts at home than work for a low wage non-union factory because they can make more $$ from welfare payments. So don't blame it all on the Chinese and other emerging countries; we had something to do with the current state of affairs too...

Hey Pete, not bad-mouthing unions. I said "in the past" when we were kings of the world the unions could do anything they wanted to because we manufactured the best products -period- and everyone wanted them. I've been a union member for almost 30 years. But times have changed man, and we still have to compete with the rest of the world. Union leadership knows this and there are considerable fewer strikes than before. Hey, we'd all like to return to the good old days and get rid of the competition, but it ain't gonna happen any time soon.............