long arms

rockhardzj

Yep, just ordered the RE kit. Got a great deal on it, and it has the integrated skid package, so it will have some protection under it now.

my choices were down to these two:

Rubicon Express RE6330 - 1012 shipped w/tax included (skids included)

Clayton's UK-XJ - 800 shipped w/ tax included (no skids included)

RE has quite a few of this package in stock, ready to ship, and mine will be out the door before the end of the day!

:???:

Tax? You're in New York. Clayton is in Connecticut. RE is ... somewhere other than New York. WHAT tax is "included"? There's no tax unless the vendor has a physical presence (meaning a store, office or warehouse) in your state.

Tax? You're in New York. Clayton is in Connecticut. RE is ... somewhere other than New York. WHAT tax is "included"? There's no tax unless the vendor has a physical presence (meaning a store, office or warehouse) in your state.

he bought it through a buddy who does sales n such, you have to pay the tax through them, it was the same when i priced some RE stuff through my local shop/buddy

he bought it through a buddy who does sales n such, you have to pay the tax through them, it was the same when i priced some RE stuff through my local shop/buddy

Yup, supporting friends has consequences of paying the state's bills... :cry:

I bought my truck with a 5.5" lift kit, but the front had the drop brackets, which I don't like. I tried a set of adjustable short arms maxed out in length, but the geometry of the suspension just wouldn't work, even if I had an engine and everything installed, it would have been a terrible ride, and bad flex. I was deciding between the RE kit and the Clayton's kit, and ultimately decided he 200 dollars more it costs for skid plates would be the wiser decision, considering I intend to play on the rocks.

The flex will definitely be improved, and will allow for a much smoother ride quality than with short arms.

I *MAY* end up going with coils in the rear later next year, but I want to get the feel of the truck first, as I want it to be on the road shortly.

I prefer the Claytons kit because it's easier to install. After you install your RE kit you will know what I'm talking about.... I installed a RE kit on a customer's jeep and I said I will never do another one. After drilling the first 8 holes I was tired and I still had 8 more or so to go. It is over engineered and once you go offroad with it and bend it a little and have to remove the skid plate to work on your jeep and you can't get it back on because it's tweaked a little bit.....

And as far as the TNT kit goes there skid plate and long arm mount are all in one so in order to remove the trans you have to remove the hole skid plate which sucks Azz and there skid plate bends really easy I have a club member that has the kit and his skid bent the second trip out........

Just my .02

I have a TNT on my truck and wouldn't think of installing any other brand. So what if you have a skid plate or belly pan once in a great while. It only take a few extra minutes. As far as bending the belly pan I wanna see pics. The belly pan and the rest of the kit is way over built.

I bought my truck with a 5.5" lift kit, but the front had the drop brackets, which I don't like. I tried a set of adjustable short arms maxed out in length, but the geometry of the suspension just wouldn't work,it would have been a terrible ride

What you gonna do with the drop brackets? My 2wd has the same problem. Maxed out short arms with too much lift, & while I don't need flex, the ride is rough. A set of drop brackets could help me out. I didn't know there was such a thing. Who sells these?

I got rid of the drop brackets long ago... I've since received about 25 or so PM's about people who want these things. Apparently, I don't see any bright side to them, but at any rate, they are long gone.

Well I don't like'em either, but for a "poser" 4x2 :oops: they'd work just fine.

I've got the drop brackets on my rig and they are incredible. Prefectly clean un-bound 10+" straight up and down travel...Just gotta know how to "tune" the suspension. Guys in Jeepspeed have been running them for years with great results. Now mind you, the RE Long arm is WAY easier to get clean travel out of, after you have the crossmember mounted (it is kind of a pain). But to me the RE LA is worth it. I love my drop brackets, but the RE LA will be coming soon...