Issues with lift

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok I just plain don't want to run spacers end of story. the ones "currently" on my truck allowing me to run jt rims. the nuts barely have enough bite on the studs so I don't really trust them. I have been working on it got the spindles and the calipers on and figured out how all the locking hubs work. when tightening down the front wheels however on the drivers the knuckle is scraping and the passengers it has like a papers worth of clearance. And I would flap disk the interfering metal off but I test fitted my hiem joints for my steering kit and they definitely are not going to fit I will even have to clearance them slightly with 17s. So I am gonna purchase some plain black steelies, D holes likely, I just like the look personally. likely used.

I got the wheels bolted up and let the truck down and put some 2 by 4s under the rims to not further damage them and the truck definitely  isnt sitting level got a little carolina squat goin on. not by much maybe an inch by most. the measurements changed both 18 1/2 to bottom of axle tube. I don't know what I should do

34 minutes ago, Jesse J said:

the nuts barely have enough bite on the studs so I don't really trust them

That is one real issue. @Pete M it’s true that it’s similar to rim backspacing but a 2 piece adapter relies on 3 sets of fasteners per wheel. It’s a lot of bolts upon bolts upon bolts all grabbing into bits of aluminum. 

1 hour ago, Jesse J said:

ok I just plain don't want to run spacers end of story. the ones "currently" on my truck allowing me to run jt rims. the nuts barely have enough bite on the studs so I don't really trust them. I have been working on it got the spindles and the calipers on and figured out how all the locking hubs work. when tightening down the front wheels however on the drivers the knuckle is scraping and the passengers it has like a papers worth of clearance. And I would flap disk the interfering metal off but I test fitted my hiem joints for my steering kit and they definitely are not going to fit I will even have to clearance them slightly with 17s. So I am gonna purchase some plain black steelies, D holes likely, I just like the look personally. likely used.

I got the wheels bolted up and let the truck down and put some 2 by 4s under the rims to not further damage them and the truck definitely  isnt sitting level got a little carolina squat goin on. not by much maybe an inch by most. the measurements changed both 18 1/2 to bottom of axle tube. I don't know what I should do

Post pics of what it looks like. The rake is hard to measure unless you use the factory measuring points

wait until the front has settled.  then adjust as needed.  :L:  once you've got some miles under your belt, you'll be able to make a more informed decision about whether an extra leaf or a longer shackle would work best for your rig and your needs. 

been working on steering all morning decided I'm gonna buy a drop pitman buy once cry once.

Can I measure for shocks and driveshaft without having the tires on?  Also get the rear burned in as well?

19 hours ago, ghetdjc320 said:

From the pic, that’s a nice stance. I don’t see any squat. Those RE coils will definitely settle also

The picture does look like it doesnt have any sqaut. I will take a new well lit picture when the time is right

are you also buying a track bar that has a drop bracket?  you can't do one without the other or else the alignment between the 2 bars will be off and give you bump steer.

looking strictly at the steering, a drop pitman is not necessary with your lift.

Those springs will settle a lot from where they are now. Between that and a 1” pitman drop you should be good. As Pete mentioned, make sure the track bar and drag link are approximately the same length and same angle. That is crucial to good handling. A 1” pitman drop and 1” track bar drop should be good with that TNT truss. What drop bracket are you using for the track bar? The track bar sees a lot of load and needs to be super solid. A cross brace for the track bar is very helpful. Do you have a winch, bumper or anything else getting mounted up front? 
Also, add a couple of plug welds to those threaded inserts for the heims. Especially helpful with the tubing you’re using which has a welded seam. Looking good so far!