Spring over

I’m have all my stuff to my spring over conversion. Is it really necessary to cut off the old spring perches. My neighbor has a Wrangler that a previous owner did a spring over. Left the old perches. Welded on new perches and shock mounts. The old perches do not hang down or were in the way from what I see .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, 89eliminator said:

how is leaving a factory welded perch on something hack work?  they arent that large.  

I don't think its hack work so much as just not something a show truck or restomodder would do.  I guess it depends on the use of the truck.  If your concerned with what the final product looks like, take 15 mins and grind them off.  If the looks are not a concern of yours then leave them.  My personal opinion, I would take them off and take the opportunity to paint the axle while its out of the truck.

5 hours ago, watchamakalit said:

I don't think its hack work so much as just not something a show truck or restomodder would do.  I guess it depends on the use of the truck.  If your concerned with what the final product looks like, take 15 mins and grind them off.  If the looks are not a concern of yours then leave them.  My personal opinion, I would take them off and take the opportunity to paint the axle while its out of the truck.

:yeahthat: