who has cut their fenders?

that jeep is pretty as hell... but we just angle grinder-ed them flush with the bottom of the corner light, then made a jeep-ish-pattern to the flare similar to stock but higher, and used some rubber trim from autoparts store to cover the bare metal edge, just get it nice lookin first and it'll be fine

I've never even drawn lines or masked it... Just get the angle grinder and give'r.

Image Not Found

That thing was a pile anyways, so we didn't even go for looking decent...

Let me guess, you were drinking then too??? :cheers:

They're 31x10.5s. That's a stock height XJ. Other than the sag and broken coil dropping it!

Buddy showed up with it one day out of the blue and said "I've got mad rubbing, help me!" so we went to town. It's a rust bucket and had been in a couple accidents, so it wasn't like we were wasting time with the pretty BS.

I'm on my pain pills most of the time when I'm working on my rig. I seem to spend a bunch of time just staring at it...

This was done on the max perscribed dose I think.... :cheers:

Image Not Found

Since we are showing XJ's

The front

Image Not Found

filledgap.jpg

And the rear

Image Not Found

I love cutting metal. The front fenders were done by the second day I had it. I did some milder rear work and ran my 33x10.50-15's for a month before I lifted it...

I love cutting metal. The front fenders were done by the second day I had it. I did some milder rear work and ran my 33x10.50-15's for a month before I lifted it...

AAAAAAAARRRRRRGH!!!!!!!!!!

Are you taunting me specifically now?!?!?!!??!?!?!?! :bowdown:

I want to know how you do that!!!! AND, what products/adhesives/tools you used to do that... I want to try! The sets I've tried in the past never came out anywhere near yours. :cheers:

o he!! i will join I owned this rig for 12 hr or less and put 34 tsl stock no lift jamminz.gif

when i brought it home at 8:00 it looked like this:

when I woke up the next moring I got the grinder out looked at the wife and said watch this. She just rolled her eyes and went to Wal-Mart to get me some more cutting disc. jamminz.gif Then it was on and it ended up looking like this.

and a pic of my trim job on the MJ.

That makes it seem like work to cut apart your rig.

My method is to draw a line in marker...

tape it

and proceeded to cut :nuts:

if I get fancy and get technical.. I wil grind the paint and cut it with the plasma :brows:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Marker, tape, saw and grinder and we had this :D

2979177280066042486S600x600Q85.jpg

AAAAAAAARRRRRRGH!!!!!!!!!!

Are you taunting me specifically now?!?!?!!??!?!?!?! :bowdown:

I want to know how you do that!!!! AND, what products/adhesives/tools you used to do that... I want to try! The sets I've tried in the past never came out anywhere near yours. :cheers:

All I do to the flares is cut/trim them and reform them as needed with a heat gun until I get the results I want for the way I plan on cutting the fenders. I bolt them back on and use spacers under the flare mounts as needed. The gap is filled with pieces I cut from old flares I have and mount on the redone flares with push nuts and screws.

Which flares interest you the most.

I still have to do the passenger side on the MJ. I will be writing that up. The pictures will help you understand what I do to the flares.

I just don't like TJ flares or the '97 and newer flares.

I use '95 to '96 front flares for front applications because they get wider in the front portion.

For rear applications I use MJ rear flares or '94 and older front flares on the rear depending on what my end goal is.

I also use inner fender liners to keep the dirt out.

All I do to the flares is cut/trim them and reform them as needed with a heat gun until I get the results I want for the way I plan on cutting the fenders. I bolt them back on and use spacers under the flare mounts as needed. The gap is filled with pieces I cut from old flares I have and mount on the redone flares with push nuts and screws.

I still have to do the passenger side on the MJ. I will be writing that up. The pictures will help you understand what I do to the flares.

I use '95 to '96 front flares for front applications because they get wider in the front portion.

For rear applications I use MJ rear flares or '94 and older front flares on the rear depending on what my end goal is.

I'd like to do mine like your white XJs... at the body line. Definately get that write-up going! :popcorn: Untill I can devote the time/effort to getting actual flares on, I'll need to make cuts so I can go wheeling (or driving period without tearing up my new tires for that matter :oops: ). Could you give me some specs on where you cut the fenders prior to installing the flares? (again, like the ones on the white XJ) Thanks!

I'd like to do mine like your white XJs... at the body line. Definately get that write-up going! :popcorn: Untill I can devote the time/effort to getting actual flares on, I'll need to make cuts so I can go wheeling (or driving period without tearing up my new tires for that matter :oops: ). Could you give me some specs on where you cut the fenders prior to installing the flares? (again, like the ones on the white XJ) Thanks!

I can take off the passenger flare tomorrow probably and snap some pictures of the cuts and the flares. I don't use those anymore anyway.

BTW it's tan

Here's a link to an old write-up

http://www.madxj.com/MADXJ/technical/technicalfiles/TPfenderFlares/FenderFlares.htm

Fully stuffed and room to steer from lock to lock without rubbing.

lfflex_sm.jpg