Front bumper ideas please.

I am looking for a front bumper that allows me to keep the factory air dam and not trim the fenders. I don't plan on putting a winch on it. I want protection from a deer mainly.

I like the ARB style for sure, but it seems like they are designed to trim the front end. If anyone has ideas like what I am looking for please post a picture. I want side protection so a overhanging style like the ARB would fit the bill.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, DesertRat1991 said:

Pickings seem very slim for bumpers that don't require cutting. But from what I've seen in pics, the ARB for early XJ/MJ (3450010) should fit with fenders and air dam intact.  See below.  Maybe someone else can confirm.

1068213105_ARBMJ1.jpg.aae2049f1a6836280217f413d8953101.jpg

844581002_ARBMJ2.jpg.1955c29209f7a52fe5f71731a568837a.jpg

Not a bad looking bumper. A bit large but it would look a little bare without a winch. 

31 minutes ago, knever3 said:

Yeah I wish ARB would sell a normal bumper without the extra winch stuff. I like the design for sure.

so put a little winch in there. :L:  it's insane how often they are useful. :D  doesn't need to be big or expensive.  I've got a 5k "ATV" winch in my Liberty.  works great as a "farm winch" around the property.

4 hours ago, knever3 said:

Yeah I wish ARB would sell a normal bumper without the extra winch stuff. I like the design for sure.

I bet you call them they make you one.  😏 Don't count out having custom fab work done by a local shop or person even. You can find that you get what you pay for. :teehee:

I'd settle for a light weight version of this bumper without the tubing. Winch-ready with full coverage for uncut fenders. Doesn't seem hard to make, but very hard to find.

Wonder if something like that could be custom fabbed for less than the $1,000 the ARB costs..?

Gotta hand it to them though, I doubt you'll find a better design anywhere for drilling deer.

I have a Logan's bumper and a Bad Dad Fabs bumper. Logan's is out of PA, and Bad Dad's is out west, I think WA. Both might be able to custom fab something. Logan's does list one for the Comanche. The ends do tuck back for the newer style fenders though.