How does an ax15 (or any manual trans) shift gears

Jesse J

there are no stupid questions.  a manual trans is actually a very complicated thing. :L:   I mean, the auto trans is powered by simple witchcraft, but a manual has to use regular ol' physics to get the job done. :D 

1 hour ago, Pete M said:

there are no stupid questions.  a manual trans is actually a very complicated thing. :L:   I mean, the auto trans is powered by simple witchcraft, but a manual has to use regular ol' physics to get the job done. :D 

yeah I am not even going to start thinking about how an auto works

8 hours ago, jdog said:

?

thank you very much. 

A manual transmission you’re physically pushing the gears back and forth to engage and disengage them.

An automatic is also pretty simple, it just looks very different because planetary gears. You hold onto a couple different parts of the planetary assemblies to change the ratio. The valve body looks complicated, but it’s mostly just because there’s a lot of repetition of the same valves for every band.

10 hours ago, 87MJTIM said:

A guy on youtube has several videos on tearing apart and rebuilding an AX15.  I watched all these before I took apart one.

I have watched all three videos I need to again my focus isnt the greates

6 hours ago, gogmorgo said:

A manual transmission you’re physically pushing the gears back and forth to engage and disengage them.

An automatic is also pretty simple, it just looks very different because planetary gears. You hold onto a couple different parts of the planetary assemblies to change the ratio. The valve body looks complicated, but it’s mostly just because there’s a lot of repetition of the same valves for every band.

ok cool thanks