Starting the brake lines! Advice?

Beginner here.

So tomorrow I am going to begin tearing into the brakes finally and bot with compression fittings. My load sensing valve is in working order just wondering if anyone suggests a good paint for the master and is it possible to freshen up the load sensing valve with a coat without impacting performance? Also are all the flare nuts the same size throughout the whole vehicle or would multiple sizes be needed? Going to try to get them ran nicely and snug in the clips so they look proper but my previous experience bending tubing was frustrating so assuming it is just practice to get good at it.

Hopefully I can at least break even on remembering the flare nuts before flaring the lines :brickwall:

Yes the front dist block has different fittings otherwise it's the same throughout.  Make sure to use copper/nickel lines so they never rust again, plus it's much easier to work with than steel lines.

Also be sure to use your old lines as templates for bending your new ones and leave yourself just a little extra length in case you need to reach just a bit farther.  Any excess can be taken care of with a slight bend but a line that's too short is a complete waste.  Start with your long runs first!

57 minutes ago, 87ComancheMJ said:

So autozone asked for the size of the drums and shoes. Drums are a measure of the inside diameter right? Not sure on how to measure the shoes.

You are correct on drum measure. To measure the shoe measure across the face of the shoe. 

So I bled all the brakes following the steps in the other forum after finding it on google. My issue is when you open the front bleeder and hold the pedal for 10 seconds I have no light to tell me when to stop and bleed the rear for the line leading to the load sensing valve. The brakes are still crap after so thinking of starting the bleeding process over again. The directions said, bleed RR, LR, RF, LF, crack a front, hold the pedal until light comes on, bleed RR, LR, close front, then re bleed them all again? Is that correct?

EDIT: Also replaced the previously replaced master as it was leaking near the booster and made sure to bleed that.