Low beam problems still

So I'm messing around with my lights again today and when I push on the high low beam switch it turns the high beams off but doesn't turn the low beams off. And also pulling the stalk back does not turn them off completely only pushing the button it self works. Do I jusy need to replace that high low beam switch ?

3 hours ago, Pete M said:

does it make an audible click each time? 

and do you have 12volts at the headlight sockets when the headlight switch is pulled out, but the hi beams are off?

Yes I do belive remembering a click sound when pushing it with my finger or even with using the stalk. I'm not sure about the 12 volts In the socket ill have to find a multimeter and test that out tommrow.

Following, I have a similar problem. My new high beam switch gets here tomorrow.

I had high beams that would not turn off, but when I finally figured out where the switch was, neither lows or highs were working. Probably something to do with me tearing into the column. Hopefully we can find a solution for both our trucks.

2 hours ago, Rad_Comanche said:

Following, I have a similar problem. My new high beam switch gets here tomorrow.

I had high beams that would not turn off, but when I finally figured out where the switch was, neither lows or highs were working. Probably something to do with me tearing into the column. Hopefully we can find a solution for both our trucks.

yeah for me its just been low beams don't work. even before i converted to led lights my halogens didn't have low beam either  

Alright update on this problem is that I think I had low beams the whole time but not high beams. I jusy went to hook up the onboard running lights and blinker in my head lights and for some reason I magically have high beams now but my blinker also constantly stays on when thr light turn on and they won't blink all the way around the truck. What should I do now?

4 minutes ago, eaglescout526 said:

Renix era front sockets are notorious for ground failure. There’s the later/earlier style front sockets that are better and made out of metal. 

I'll have to get some. Is this something I can jusy get at a parts store or online 

I'm guessing it might be socket failure because when the running light is attached to the marker lights but not the blinker it's on but as soon as I hook up the blinker to the light it jjsy over powers the running light with a solid orange 

3 minutes ago, Pete M said:

problems that fix themselves are problems that can come back whenever they feel like it :( 

Yeah thats true. I'm still not even really sure what could of been causing it because all I did today was splice wires into the headlight from the blinkers and markers and then I decided to pull the stalk back randomly and they were jusy working