Low beam problems still

20 minutes ago, Muncher said:

well the high beams are the ones that work the low beams are the ones that won't turn on.

the switch on the column is what cycles between the 2.  what exactly happens as you pull the lever to switch? can you hear a clicky noise further down the column by your left knee?

On 2/11/2021 at 8:35 PM, Pete M said:

the switch on the column is what cycles between the 2.  what exactly happens as you pull the lever to switch? can you hear a clicky noise further down the column by your left knee?

I'll have to check tommrow

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/11/2021 at 8:35 PM, Pete M said:

i checked that today actually and when i pull it out to low beam or high beams i don't hear anything near the pedals 

1 hour ago, Pete M said:

or in need of adjustment.  the nuts on top allow for that.  I circled one.  you can test the switch by pushing where the arrow is with your finger.  should click and change between high and low.  :L: 

161436178404475379382624852512.jpg.776b35c03609a74c73fa008d55ee2881.jpg

What about jusy the normal light switch though when I pull it to low beams ?

the headlight switch turns power to the headlights on/off, it does not select between hi/lo.  if your highs are on, the headlight switch should turn them off. 

so if you can indeed switch the Highs off, the hi/lo switch seems to work ok. :L:  next can you confirm that you are indeed getting 12 volts to the low beam wire of the headlight socket?  I'd hate for all of this to be caused by both low filaments being burned out by coincidence. 

1 minute ago, Pete M said:

the headlight switch turns power to the headlights on/off, it does not select between hi/lo.  if your highs are on, the headlight switch should turn them off. 

so if you can indeed switch the Highs off, the hi/lo switch seems to work ok. :L:  next can you confirm that you are indeed getting 12 volts to the low beam wire of the headlight socket?  I'd hate for all of this to be caused by both low filaments being burned out by coincidence. 

Oh ok. What are the two settings on the light switch for then?

And also I have the led lights in mine nkw but even with the old lights low beams didn't work either.