Copart Auction (Ends 1-14-21) '88 SWB 4 cyl in Louisville KY

1 hour ago, 89 MJ said:

What happens if a vehicle doesn't sell on Copart? I don't need it and I shouldn't get it, but if it will save the truck from getting crushed, I might need to put a bid on it.

I think it gets relisted.  I’m sure at someone point a junk yard or scrap company probably picks them up for pennies.   If it had a clear title I’d consider it, throw a front clip on it and flip it.    It’s a shame that it was totaled.

32 minutes ago, Torq_Shep said:

My van is a salvage rebuilt I think it is an easy process in texas but not sure about KY. 

Illinois is kind of a drag, especially with a out of state salvage title.    I’ll have to research,   The Berliner kills it for me as well.   

According to the Members Map, looks like @coolwind57 and @Big Dan may be close. My thought is the body is far rougher than the photos indicate, and i would be suspicious of the engine, looks like the radiator may have erupted, so it probably overheated and died. it's probably not really worth much more than scrap value.

1 hour ago, BeatCJ said:

According to the Members Map, looks like @coolwind57 and @Big Dan may be close. My thought is the body is far rougher than the photos indicate, and i would be suspicious of the engine, looks like the radiator may have erupted, so it probably overheated and died. it's probably not really worth much more than scrap value.

I wouldn't mind buying to nab the tailgate, rear lenses and the back windshield.  Looks like you have to buy at least a $59 membership just to bid though, so that kinda blows.  $125 bid increments.

I am wondering if that truck is over at Pull-A-Part, Louisville.  I am struggling to confirm by the pictures.  I'm about 20-minutes away if so.

Where are you guys seeing that it's been coated with bedliner?  Looks like spray balm black.

1 hour ago, coolwind57 said:

Where are you guys seeing that it's been coated with bedliner?  Looks like spray balm black.

I was looking at poor photos on my phone, it looked textured. Horrible paint job was what I saw, just guessed.