Valerie (88')

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i went a few years before i decided to swap out my sending unit. i just carried a 2 gallon can of gas, as most should, but just knew i got at least 300 miles out of a tank before i needed to fill up. (50mile buffer) then i just used the trip for keeping track. even now though being fixed, my full tank reads empty. i like it as as i drive my fuel fills up . I'm in the twilight zone. :teehee:

50 minutes ago, MiNi Beast said:

i went a few years before i decided to swap out my sending unit. i just carried a 2 gallon can of gas, as most should, but just knew i got at least 300 miles out of a tank before i needed to fill up. (50mile buffer) then i just used the trip for keeping track. even now though being fixed, my full tank reads empty. i like it as as i drive my fuel fills up . I'm in the twilight zone. :teehee:

That's funny. I don't even know what the MPG is for mine. I've read 14-16 but I feel like that's probably not right? 

I washed it for the first time today. My weather stripping is trash (waiting on my replacements to arrive) so I was worried my cab would be wet. I read a horror story on here of someone's not starting after the first wash so I was nervous. But the cab was dry and it fired right up after.

Used my stimulus (😄) on replacement carpet, a Raybuck seat cover, new lights for the cluster, weather stripping kit, wiper arms, a new rear view mirror, and those interior lights above the seat belts. Ordered today and now we wait. 

20210103_134543.jpg

20210103_134526.jpg

mpg seems about right. one road trip i pulled 21 mpgs with 37s and 4.10 gears ax15, driving from Michigan down hill to Alabama. :grinyes:

cleans up and dosent leak is good. she shall look so nice when you get them bumpers. :)) i still like the shoes. 

1 minute ago, MiNi Beast said:

mpg seems about right. one road trip i pulled 21 mpgs with 37s and 4.10 gears ax15, driving from Michigan down hill to Alabama. :grinyes:

cleans up and dosent leak is good. she shall look so nice when you get them bumpers. :)) i still like the shoes. 

I bet those 4.10s had 0 torque.

16 minutes ago, MiNi Beast said:

Thank you! I ordered the rear one like 2 months ago. But dirtbound is behind in orders because they were moving locations. I waited for the stimulus to order the front so I'm sure it will be quite a while before it gets here.

10 minutes ago, MiNi Beast said:

factory stock 4.0 ax15/231j with 4.10s. didnt have anything when in hi, but in lo i was climbing anything. 

I think I'm gonna go 4.56s with 33s and maybe depending on how it wheels rebuild my tcase with deeper gears .  but yes :icon_offtopic:sorry 

My fuel gauge works backwards, but to be honest it is accurate enough that you will never run out of fuel. When it gets to 3/4 full; {meaning 1/4 if it was reading correctly} ; it takes about  14 gallons to fill up. 

Having Comanche Fun,

Ollie

7 hours ago, Ollie said:

My fuel gauge works backwards, but to be honest it is accurate enough that you will never run out of fuel. When it gets to 3/4 full; {meaning 1/4 if it was reading correctly} ; it takes about  14 gallons to fill up. 

Having Comanche Fun,

Ollie

Yeah I'd rather it work backwards than not work at all lol