1987 Pioneer (INKY) 4x4 4.0 Auto

CGCWO

Been a little bit since I’ve updated the thread. Finally got INKY back from shop. She has a new heart and rebuilt trans, but still need a little fine tuning. Mech that did the work ended up not living up to his reviews. 

I had to redo the exhaust work, change out a cracked thermostat housing, repair/replace the O2 sensor connector and knock sensor. Reset the tps and replace the idler pulley. 

She’s now running strong, just a few more things to straighten out and paint to finish. 

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 8/13/2021 at 7:33 PM, eaglescout526 said:

I recommend dropping Apple vidoes into say the onedrive and drop a link here or convert the file but CC can only host a certain size for the video.

I’ll see what I can figure out. Unfortunately or fortunately we are a Mac/Apple family. 

Got the topper fitted and temp installed so it won’t blow away if FRED is more than what’s expected. Fit pretty well, it’s actually about 1inch to short in length, but I worked that out. 

Now after all this weather pushes through it’s time to continue with the painting. 

D480159A-36C9-4F3C-B7CF-42C979880BA4.jpeg

8C0931D9-0E09-4B4F-8C56-0B4AD5EE2C32.jpeg

Took her out for a drive today, did a 30-40 min country road loop. Guess I got the closed cooling system burped good temp fluctuated between 195-210. Only reached 210 when stuck at a long red light. She did well on elevation changes (small rollers NW Florida). Still have a hesitation occasionally, need to check injectors and fuel lines. Also doesn’t want to rev past 3k when stomping on her when moving. 

Next up, finish brake work (rear shoes, wheel cylinders and hardware kit), fix my exhaust leaks and continue paint. 

Then on to AC, wiper reconditioning and figure out installing the cruise control kit I bought from @eaglescout526.

7 minutes ago, CGCWO said:

installing the cruise control kit I bought from @eaglescout526

Hopefully it works. One person who bought one kit is having trouble with his and we can’t figure out what the issue is and he’s swapped most parts around. My biggest fear is something with the custom vac harness but even then all the fittings are snug so I am at an impasse as to what the underlying issue is. But do let me know and we can figure out if something doesn’t work as I’ve got back ups and back ups of parts but not enough for more kits. 

•  Replaced all the rear drum brake hardware and wheel cylinders today, no if I can just get the brakes bled. Truck has a new brake booster/master along with a TJ distribution block and the rear portioning block has been deleted. Also have all new hard and soft lines.