just learned that a minivan has a drop rear axle!

Pete M

Why the heck would they put a drop spindle in a minivan??  Gotta have all the ground clearance to clear those... speed bumps? 

Also was curious how a beam axle under an MJ rear end was gonna work until I reread your post. :laugh: definitely pretty slick for a trailer, a lot of ground clearance and removing the weight of an inoperable diff.

1 minute ago, eaglescout526 said:

The Promasters have a rear solid axle. But man isnt that a weird thing to see. 

spindle drop or just a beam?  I suddenly have the need to hit the junkyards and poke my head under all the vans...

I thought about it for a second and realized the Quest axle is just a round tube.  shouldn't be that hard to cut out the middle and sleeve it to the WMS dimension needed.  you'd still be way ahead of the game in both weight and ground clearance. :D 

3 hours ago, Pete M said:

I thought about it for a second and realized the Quest axle is just a round tube.  shouldn't be that hard to cut out the middle and sleeve it to the WMS dimension needed.  you'd still be way ahead of the game in both weight and ground clearance. :D 

Also probably not a bad idea to sleeve that tube for an off-road trailer.  I'm sure they aren't too thick for use in a minivan.

This is good to know. I wonder how much a JY would charge for one vs the price of a regular trailer axle (factor in the time to clean it up, pull it out of the vehicle, make it fit the trailer). But it would be easy to get parts for it because its a minivan.