88 Comanche base

Appreciate all the contributors here. This will be slow going but hope it entertains you all. Just loaded it on the trailer 9am today. Pretty happy with the purchase so far. Pretty clean truck, haven’t looked to see if there’s any rust hiding under the carpet but I don’t expect to find much if any. Will be going over it refreshing grounds and small stuff for now. Don’t want to get carried away just yet as I have to get a title for it. 

004CF12D-B6D2-47BC-8754-E6432C9466D5.jpeg

78154B7F-2C6D-4E8F-AB3D-D97EEFF3D419.jpeg

Nothing much new to report on mine. Got it off the trailer about 3:30 am last night. Started it up and had 3/4 full tank of gas. Took it for a spin and runs pretty good! Had a stumbling idle, seem to have gotten better after I banged out a couple gears. Blower motor doesn’t work and leaking oil. 

2 minutes ago, Opie Taylor said:

Nothing much new to report on mine. Got it off the trailer about 3:30 am last night. Started it up and had 3/4 full tank of gas. Took it for a spin and runs pretty good! Had a stumbling idle, seem to have gotten better after I banged out a couple gears. Blower motor doesn’t work and leaking oil. 

Mine seems to run better after beating on it a little too. Where are you located?

Omaha Nebraska. The topper will be up for grabs soon if anyone nearby  is interested. 
Was a helluva trip. Traveled over the Rockies during a snow emergency! I ended up sleeping in the truck at a gas station in the town I picked it up in. Road closures had booked out every hotel I called. 

34 minutes ago, fiatslug87 said:

Interesting maintenance log book, I guess it will never get lost (just fade away).

Torn between tracing over the top of everything or writing it down in a notebook and scrubbing it all off. Leaning towards preserving it but running out of room to log anymore. Could start scribbling on the hood

First cruise was decent. Has steering play and clutch play. Blinkers are really slow, about a second and a half between blinks. Heater works it’s just the defrost setting that don’t. Wasn’t  very cold, going to add coolant and see if changes anything. Will be keeping a close eye on coolant level for now and clean all grounds. Also pull carpet and see if they’re as clean on top as bottom

• 2 weeks later...

Bill of sale should be here on the 6th. Haven’t done anything to the truck yet other than give it a good look over. Taken it for many a pleasure cruise around my house. Driven it to work the last 2 days. Runs pretty good. Wish I known that when bidding, would’ve flown out and drove home. It’s exceptionally straight but think it’s a had a fender bender, the driver’s boxside has some touch up and bottom line isn’t laser straight. Will be buying a new battery soon the one in it is 7 years old. Got mice living in it somewhere, left a iced honeybun in it last night for today and they helped themselves. 
Long term goals are;(permitting I get a title) buy a 4x4 auto xj transplant drivetrain and buckets/console. Might look for a liberty for the rear axle. Mild lift and 31” tires. Maybe some steel Jeep wagon wheels too. Hopefully I score a running donor. If not, I’m stuck driving it for now 

• 3 weeks later...