Vibration under load

2 hours ago, ghetdjc320 said:

Just put in the slip yoke at the very least. The tcase will pump oil out of the rear output of nothing is there

Good to know. I'll have to see if I have a spare one laying around....my press is in storage in a different state.

4 hours ago, Wounded_Fighter said:

It will still leak some because of the downward lean towards the back end. With driving it will spin the fluid also so you'll have the lovely "leak line" on the under carriage too.

"Some" fluid. Very relatively. If its a lot. You may hear new noises from transmission. 😆

I think you mean transfer case :grinyes:

16 hours ago, Pete M said:

it was super, duper obvious on the Libby just by grabbing the driveshaft and shaking. 

I've got a big of slop rotationally but not seeing anything in the ujoint itself.

13 hours ago, ghetdjc320 said:

Double check your engine to tranny bolts and tranny to tcase bolts. I had tranny bolts be a little loose that caused this issue. 

Will do. Think I can get to most of those without any special tools (going off memory).

On 10/21/2020 at 4:36 AM, ghetdjc320 said:

Just put in the slip yoke at the very least. The tcase will pump oil out of the rear output of nothing is there

I'm pretty sure it wouldn't stay in, only the driveline retains it.

Of course, I bet if you pull the drive line, you will find a bad ujoint if you have one.

On 10/23/2020 at 9:53 PM, Airborne Janitor said:

I once cut a plastic bottle in half and taped it to the back end of the case to keep some of the fluid in. 

Not the first time I've seen this mentioned. Will be my solution, I'll have pics, etc. when I get around to it!

On 10/16/2020 at 1:55 AM, MiNi Beast said:

I'm thinking bent fingers on pressure plate. or pilot bearing. how in depth was your clutch repairs? 

On 10/19/2020 at 6:34 PM, MiNi Beast said:

screw in a tire? 

On 10/30/2020 at 3:09 AM, MiNi Beast said:

nice.  🤑 

so who called it? :shaking:

Not this guy :peep::peep: