Face mask

jdog

They all are a pain. I ain't found one yet that doesn't make my glasses fog up. But the best fitting most comfortable ones I've found are the cloth ones at Target. A 2 pack for 4 bucks. I have to wear them when I fly for work up to 14 hours a day. Two to three times a month. The Disposable ones start chaffing my ears after about 4 hours. Luckily I only have to wear them when I fly. Area I live in has pretty much told our Governor to go jump off a cliff and I rarely wear one. It's Not required at my job either. But those airlines require a mask. Some of them won't allow the neck gaitors and none allow masks with exhaust ports.

89 Comanche
Eliminator
2wd
4.0L
5 speed PukeGoat
Factory Original

the goal of wearing a mask during an outbreak is to keep your personal exhaust fumes from spewing across the room, so any mask that doesn't do that job won't be approved.  :L:  single layer gaiters, ones with exhaust ports, etc have shown to not be effective at the task at hand. 

the Vera Bradly masks have come highly recommended by random people I've chatted with.  :dunno:  everyone says they are quite comfortable.  My mom just today got one for her birthday so I can give some more detailed experience in a bit.  :L:  you don't have to get a flowery pattern like hers, they come straight up black too.  :laugh:  If you want a disposable paper variety, the cheapest packs of 50 I've found have been on ebay. 

I can't comment on the infinite variety of masks out there because I tend to be allergic to most all clothing and the masks are no exception so I don't even try them on.  I run paper for short term use like in a store and then for all day use I have a couple custom masks made by a friend using one of my Jockey t-shirts (literally the only brand of undershirt I can wear). 

I have always used breathe healthy masks, and I've had both the adjustable loops and the elastic headband. The loops are nice, but the plastic beads they use break after awhile, rendering it useless, so I stick to the elastic headband. It has the formable nose piece, so no fogging of the glasses unless you are staring at your shoes for an extended period of time. They are also hand washable. I use it for dust purposes, and it does a fine job, even with small particles.

As for comfort, I wore it back in June in 90 degree weather at Mesker park zoo in Evansville the entire time I was there without taking it off, though I have a much higher tolerance to mask wearing since I wear one in a non air conditioned factory. Just remember, any facial hair at the seams of the mask render it useless for it's intended purpose of keeping particles out of your airways, though it will still serve the function of not spitting on other people when you talk or sneeze.