NY members?

eaglescout526

• 3 weeks later...

Some dealers are really finicky about selling stuff out of state and over the phone. I don't know why. My boss made the same point you did. Course he said(not to the dealer) "If you want to sell an obsolete part, sell it! Otherwise let it sit for another 20 years and hope that a Jeep owner in NY is going to come and ask you for that part." 

The last drivers side hood hinge. I don't need this part. Another member is doing a full refresh of what ever parts they can get for their MJ's.

20 hours ago, eaglescout526 said:

Some dealers are really finicky about selling stuff out of state and over the phone. I don't know why. My boss made the same point you did. Course he said(not to the dealer) "If you want to sell an obsolete part, sell it! Otherwise let it sit for another 20 years and hope that a Jeep owner in NY is going to come and ask you for that part." 

The last drivers side hood hinge. I don't need this part. Another member is doing a full refresh of what ever parts they can get for their MJ's.

NY dealers can definitely be hard to deal with. I have bought a few parts from NY and a Dad voice as I call it is almost always required. Most other dealers are thrilled to still the old stuff.