Wanted ! Rollbar light switch .

TicoComanche

3 hours ago, TicoComanche said:

Someone post the picture not a long while ago, so I borrow it for educational purposes only. And to show it as an example of what I want. 

I think it's the only pic of the OEM switch panel out there and it's in my truck.:))

7 hours ago, schardein said:

Are you wanting just the rocker switch, or the switch and panel?  The switch can be sourced from a fog light equipped XJ, not rare, but getting harder to find.  The panel is very rare, but isn't someone working on reproducing them?

the XJ fog light switch is on the left panel, the OEM Comanche sport bar switch is on the right of the steering wheel , and the design is completely different to the xj fog lights. Call me crazy, but I really want the factory original. 🤷‍♂️

3 hours ago, TicoComanche said:

the XJ fog light switch is on the left panel, the OEM Comanche sport bar switch is on the right of the steering wheel , and the design is completely different to the xj fog lights. Call me crazy, but I really want the factory original. 🤷‍♂️

I think you misunderstood me.  If you could find a new sport bar light panel, but missing the switch... you could take the fog light switch out of an XJ panel and put it in the roll bar light panel.  Same switch, same part number.

You could take a right hand panel from a XJ or MJ and peel off the front cover, and replace it with one with the correct sport bar icon.  As I said, I thought someone was working on reproducing them.

Just offering possible options.  If you prefer a genuine original part, I get it.

31 minutes ago, schardein said:

I think you misunderstood me.  If you could find a new sport bar light panel, but missing the switch... you could take the fog light switch out of an XJ panel and put it in the roll bar light panel.  Same switch, same part number.

You could take a right hand panel from a XJ or MJ and peel off the front cover, and replace it with one with the correct sport bar icon.  As I said, I thought someone was working on reproducing them.

Just offering possible options.  If you prefer a genuine original part, I get it.

5 minutes ago, Pete M said:

someone was indeed looking into reproductions, but if I remember right, life got in the way and the project is on hold. :(

Got it , is a good idea Schardein. 

Pete M, that doesn’t surprise me, usually is my luck 🤷‍♂️😋

• 2 weeks later...

There was a seller on eBay that made white panels for the switches, hvac controls and the likes and I asked if they would make black ones with different emblems over the switch and they said that they sell so many white ones they don’t care about making the black ones. Said they were even textured like factory. Very unfortunate they wouldn’t broaden their market.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

58 minutes ago, SatiricalHen said:

There was a seller on eBay that made white panels for the switches, hvac controls and the likes and I asked if they would make black ones with different emblems over the switch and they said that they sell so many white ones they don’t care about making the black ones. Said they were even textured like factory. Very unfortunate they wouldn’t broaden their market.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks! 

I was the one working on those covers. I have the full diy write up on how they are made in the diy section. Haven’t had time to work on them further but the template your looking for is in that thread. The switches can be had new from rock auto: https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/jeep,1991,cherokee,4.0l+l6,1180055,electrical-switch+&+relay,fog+lamp+switch,4408

2 hours ago, ghetdjc320 said:

I was the one working on those covers. I have the full diy write up on how they are made in the diy section. Haven’t had time to work on them further but the template your looking for is in that thread. The switches can be had new from rock auto: https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/jeep,1991,cherokee,4.0l+l6,1180055,electrical-switch+&+relay,fog+lamp+switch,4408

Great info! Thanks