Period correct custom 1989 Comanche

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update: The Pandemic pickup will be back in my possession soon, plus a set of what looks to be YJ Wrangler Renegade rims. Does anyone want them? I have no use for them as I’m going to keep the stock steels on there. I would love to trade for a set of turbines, but that’s probably never going to happen.

A3962D25-22A2-461D-BA8C-BCDED19084BA.jpeg

They are Jeep "Canyon" wheels.

Came on TJs and maybe ZJs iirc. 

As an aside, my old man used to SWEAR by the American Prospector A/T tires on his XJ back in the 90s/ early 00s. Haven't seen a set in a while. Would be interested to know the date code on those tires. 

44 minutes ago, Dickinson County Comanche said:

Thinking about making the doors removable, is that a hard thing to do? I know I’ll have to get mirrors that will have to fit somewhere in order to not get pulled over.

It isnt hard per-se but it is janky =P

Also it can contribute to accelerated hinge failure. 

1 hour ago, Dickinson County Comanche said:

Thinking about making the doors removable, is that a hard thing to do? I know I’ll have to get mirrors that will have to fit somewhere in order to not get pulled over.

the only wires are for speakers. From what I have read it seems simple enough cut/drill out the existing pin and get a new removable pin. makes me want to run doorless. I think @MiNi Beastdoes in the summer?

1 hour ago, Jesse J said:

the only wires are for speakers. From what I have read it seems simple enough cut/drill out the existing pin and get a new removable pin. makes me want to run doorless. I think @MiNi Beastdoes in the summer?

not just summer but anytime is a great time to go doorless. :grinyes:

easy mod, just cutting the hinge to allow you to lift door off and on. not recommended if care about gaps and what not. doors are heavy and will sag in time and will cause issues with latches and door closures. i plan to swap them out again and start over. be my third set of doors on the mj. still worth it to me. manual doors are ideal for the mod as less wire connections. unless want to wire in a contact switch which would allow power doors.  i just moved door speakers to kick panel and cut out my own speaker mounting location. 

20210124_123928.jpg

2 hours ago, MiNi Beast said:

i just moved door speakers to kick panel and cut out my own speaker mounting location. 

That's actually really smart. I might switch gears redoing my speaker system right now. actaully pretty seriously debating it

1 hour ago, Jesse J said:

That's actually really smart. I might switch gears redoing my speaker system right now. actually pretty seriously debating it

take note of what you have in the truck while you're driving around, and then imagine it flying out when you turn a corner.  :laugh:  going doorless requires dedication to the cause.  but as I always say, being cool requires sacrifice.  :D 

30 minutes ago, Pete M said:

take note of what you have in the truck while you're driving around, and then imagine it flying out when you turn a corner.  :laugh:  going doorless requires dedication to the cause.  but as I always say, being cool requires sacrifice.  :D 

that's smart lol. wear your seatbelt

35 minutes ago, MiNi Beast said:

i use to have grills but they have been kicked once or twice. :shaking:

20210210_162559.jpg

oof. :shaking: I am missing my passenger trim anyways so 

3 hours ago, Pete M said:

i so lost my jbl speaker out the cab as i near missed a knuckle head in front of me failing to utilize the left turn lane. guy followed me for 10 miles and gave it back to me at the stop sign on the exit. and told me of the dummy in front of me they caused our swift maneuvering. His wife and kids also with him all complimented the jeep and wanted to ensure i got my speaker back.  very nice of them. hit took a hit and sound quality has gone down. :sad: 

• 1 month later...

So, I’m interested in this problem I’ve been having. Whenever the gauge cluster lights are on, both turn signal lights turn on too. The blinkers didn't function when I bought the truck and so I put in a new flasher, would that cause it? Turn signals/hazards work fine, it’s just a bit annoying if anything.

EE9A9F81-75CD-496D-A002-437B993E3AE2.jpeg