Project Scuzzy

On 7/31/2024 at 9:52 PM, jeff351 said:

3. windshield wipers don't work now. They did recently, so I need to dig and see if I blew a fuse.

On 7/31/2024 at 9:52 PM, jeff351 said:

I'm really good at over-thinking stuff. Pulled the cowl off today...wipers weren't even plugged in. That was a hard fix. :laugh:

Took it to the fuel pump for the 1st time since the conversion. Funny using the 'new' gas door location. Then ran some errands making a run of scrap metal to the local recycler, and later took it for late night for a cruise - those HF lights up front are very impressive. 

Next week I have an appointment with a local shop to check the alignment and charge the A/C system. Not much left to wrap up on this!

20240802_185640.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the newly rebuilt engine, I was good on oil pressure but wanted a better way to keep an eye on temps besides popping open the hood and checking things out with an IR thermometer gun. I looked around at options where to mount a gauge and decided on this Autometer pod. Its a little overpriced as it required a little sanding to get the gauges to fit, and I ended up using some adhesive to hold them in.  I used these for the oil temp gauge and transmission temp gauge.

Really simple to install; Mock up where you want it, drill a few holes, paint, and then install your gauges and run the wiring. For the oil temp, I used an old brass tee I've had kicking around at the oil pressure sensor, and for the transmission temp I installed a tee in the transmission cooler outlet line.  Connection-wise, I previously installed a dedicated ignition-on fuse block under the hood for the daytime running lights, so I ran the power wire from gauges to that.

20240813_183923.jpg

20240819_194847.jpg

20240821_190655.jpg