Stock Manche needs a lift!

I've got an 89 Comanche Shortbed running 28 inch wheels.

28 inch wheels eh??

soa is not the easiest but imo the best... it will give you about 4 1/2'' to 5'' lift and you could run 32's nicely. or you could buy a 4'' kit for around $450

front lift best idea would be to buy an AAL kit if you want to do a SOA and then bring your AAL to the junkyard and get what its worth

since we are on the topic of lifts... i want to lift my manche to, i was just figuring on doing the SOA for the back, i've been told that i have torshin bars (sp?) on the front, can i just crank those up without having to replace shocks or the coil springs?

I thought about doing s SOA on mine but desided against it because i dident want to go long arms on the front. i have like 4.5" lift in the front and my short arms look about like this / lol. i just stuck a 3.5" add a leaf and lift shackles in the rear and 3" coil and a spacer up front. lifting coil sprung stuff is a pita jeep should have stuck to leaves.

I'm looking to lift the front about 4 inches and the rear 3-5 inches.

I was wondering if anyone has any advice on kits, or anything?

Thanks!

28 " Wheels!!??!!??!! Your truck is going to look like a bis a$$ roller skate!

You need to call pimp my ride and have them do it for free!

BIG DADDY PIMPING!!! 8)

I thought about doing s SOA on mine but desided against it because i dident want to go long arms on the front. i have like 4.5" lift in the front and my short arms look about like this / lol. i just stuck a 3.5" add a leaf and lift shackles in the rear and 3" coil and a spacer up front. lifting coil sprung stuff is a pita jeep should have stuck to leaves.

agreed, the primary reason I stayed SUA when I put the 8.8 in is because of the front.

It's cheap and easy to SOA the rear, but at the 6" of lift you're gonna get the front becomes expensive.

You're looking at drop brackets or long arms at that height to get the ride quality back.

Your stock steering will hate life (mine does at 4")

well you can do an SOA and then you could put on XJ shackles. I'm sure most XJ owners would love to trade you

That would limit flex and drop the rear all of 1/2". Using 2wd MJ leaf packs would net 1" less lift (depending on the condition of the leaf packs in question). Or you could make a bastard pack from the 4wd leafs and Explorer leafs to lessen the overall lift.

auto-matik Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:57 am Post subject: Stock Manche needs a lift!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm looking to lift the front about 4 inches and the rear 3-5 inches.

I was wondering if anyone has any advice on kits, or anything?

Thanks!

If your going to be running 28 inch wheels your definately not going to be driving off road. That just wouldnt work out to well for you lol. You could just get a rc 3 in lift for just around $250 and thats a damn good lift and itll clear those rims just fine... However why are you putting rims like those on a jeep and not something else? don't see that very often lol.

anyways here's the html for that lift and that site. http://roughcountry.com/Jeep_MJ_3in.htm

lol, yah I meant tires.

For the moment I am considering 2" spacers in the front, and a shackle lift in the back.

Right now, with a stock sway bar I get 40 degrees of flex, between the front and rear axles.

By 2010, I hope to have a SOA, A proper front lift, new shocks all around, a rear locker, a disconecting sway bar (60 degrees of flex!?!?!?!) etc

After the lift, I will be putting on 30" all terrain pro comps all around. However, for the weekend, I will be using 10x33" Mud Terrains for extra grab.

She's just a trail blazin sonofagun, not a rock crawler!

thanks for the advice!!!

YOu can clear 30's with no lift, and with longer shocks and bump stopping it does all right :brows: :nuts:

For a cheap lift.. I think 2" chevy drop shackles, and a 2" poly spacer upfront will be perfect. Just make sure you install longer brake lines and longer shocks :D