• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, 89 MJ said:

IT RUNS?

I was hoping you would say what so I could say chicken butt. 

6 minutes ago, jdog said:

you lost the keys? car decided to pull a christine? you sold it?  JK guess it started

My girlfriend would kill me if it pulled a Christine. 

But yes IT LIVESSSSS! It ran longer than 2 seconds and made hell of a smokey mess. Probably from old crap and combustion chamber cleaner in the chambers that sat for a week or so. Don’t need a new starter but do need a better battery. Transmission also engages as it should and wants to drive but it won’t because I have the trans cooler/radiator removed from the car so it spurts ATF all over the condenser. 

Its really close to being driveable then! That's great! If I were you, I could buy a can of Seafoam Engine Tune and pour it in the gas tank. It will help to clean the fuel lines, carb, and combustion chamber. It will also keep the gas from going bad as quickly-that's what we put in our vehicles for winter storage and haven't had an issue.

6 minutes ago, 89 MJ said:

Its really close to being driveable then! That's great! If I were you, I could buy a can of Seafoam Engine Tune and pour it in the gas tank. It will help to clean the fuel lines, carb, and combustion chamber. It will also keep the gas from going bad as quickly-that's what we put in our vehicles for winter storage and haven't had an issue.

I wish actually.... 

There’s more I have to do like replace the water pump and possibly the radiator. The fuel line is also plugged with what basically is dried up petroleum jelly so I have to clear that somehow. Then I have to do brake work. I could’ve easily drove the car had I had the radiator in and the lines for the trans cooler plugged in rather than it spurting ATF everywhere. 

Once that stuff is set and done, it should be basically drivable. Once I figure out what’s going on with the rest of the electrical. 

1 minute ago, eaglescout526 said:

There’s more I have to do like replace the water pump and possibly the radiator. The fuel line is also plugged with what basically is dried up petroleum jelly so I have to clear that somehow

Looks like a solid day or two of work-if everything goes well. Seafoam would help with your fuel line fun.

4 minutes ago, 89 MJ said:

Looks like a solid day or two of work-if everything goes well. Seafoam would help with your fuel line fun.

Yup! I’ll have to try as it seems like the line is super plugged and I don’t want to attempt to replace it. But I was gonna try brake cleaner or carb cleaner to get that stuff out. 

20 minutes ago, jdog said:

Just replace it, there not that expensive, also anything rubber

The full fuel line from the tank to the pump? 

19 minutes ago, Pete M said:

but congrats none the less!  :D  one more milestone checked off.

Thanks and indeed! Now hopefully I’ll either get to enjoy it or sell it depending on the future financial situation. 

You could try using a blow gun and disconnect both ends of the hose and trying to use the air pressure to blow out the gunk. Do that then hook it back up with some Seafoam in the tank and you should be back in business!

6 minutes ago, 89 MJ said:

You could try using a blow gun and disconnect both ends of the hose and trying to use the air pressure to blow out the gunk. Do that then hook it back up with some Seafoam in the tank and you should be back in business!

Thats the plan at least. I put some Mopar combustion cleaner down the hose just to let it sit and clear that gunk up. My coworkers said that stuff works pretty damn good at dissolving stuff like that 20 year old jellied gas. 

1 minute ago, eaglescout526 said:

Fix It Again Tony?

Well, that would be Fiat, not Ford, but:

Fail On Race Day (or First On Race Day)

Found On Road Dead

Fix Or Repair Daily

Freaking Old Rebuilt Dodge (or Datsun)

I actually don't mind Fords, believe it or not.

1 minute ago, 89 MJ said:

Well, that would be Fiat, not Ford, but:

Fail On Race Day (or First On Race Day)

Found On Road Dead

Fix Or Repair Daily

Freaking Old Rebuilt Dodge (or Datsun)

I actually don't mind Fords, believe it or not.

The Fiat is a King of the Hill reference. 

but those are good ones lol. I feel the fix or repair daily will happen a lot. 

8 minutes ago, eaglescout526 said:

I feel the fix or repair daily will happen a lot.

Between a 33 year old Jeep, a 37 year old Jeep, and a 61 year old Ford, I would say that will be a pretty common thing for you. But, I'd rather drive something old that can be fixed easily than any of the new cars on the road!

11 minutes ago, jdog said:

Classic. 

9 minutes ago, 89 MJ said:

Between a 33 year old Jeep, a 37 year old Jeep, and a 61 year old Ford, I would say that will be a pretty common thing for you. But, I'd rather drive something old that can be fixed easily than any of the new cars on the road!

I have never owned a car newer than me. All have been older and that’s the way I like it. But agreed. 

5 minutes ago, eaglescout526 said:

I have never owned a car newer than me. All have been older and that’s the way I like it. But agreed. 

I haven't owned one newer than me either-and I never plan to. MJs for doing truck things and an XJ for the family hauler.