1991 mj Chrysler video

strictlyxjs

Some things I learned watching this:

1. It was acceptable to hike your shorts up past your knees

2.People were jerks and left trash strewn about the forest. 

3. People threw their old hot water heaters in the creek rather than scrapping them for beer money

4. It took 2 people to move an old tire and 3 to carry a small empty cooler.

14 hours ago, strictlyxjs said:

1. It was acceptable to hike your shorts up past your knees

The shorts and the socks!!!  Man that takes me back to the good old days.  I was the EXACT demographics of the targeted market.

I probably had those shorts and socks.  (I'll have to check, but I may still have a pair shorts in a drawer.)

2 hours ago, fiatslug87 said:

Great video, goes great with the one owners received on VHS in 1990.

I bought a 1990 XJ Laredo at the end of 1989 and a VHS came with it.   It was so long ago that I can't honestly can't remember if it was this one but my guess is that it was.   They may have made a separate video for the Canadian market but I doubt it.   The XJ and video are long gone but I still have the sales brochure in which I highlighted the options that I wanted.   

1 hour ago, PCO6 said:

I bought a 1990 XJ Laredo at the end of 1989 and a VHS came with it.   It was so long ago that I can't honestly can't remember if it was this one but my guess is that it was.   They may have made a separate video for the Canadian market but I doubt it.   The XJ and video are long gone but I still have the sales brochure in which I highlighted the options that I wanted.   

This is what the cover looked like.

JeepOwnersVideo.jpg

1 hour ago, fiatslug87 said:

This is what the cover looked like.

JeepOwnersVideo.jpg

That's interesting.  I'm sure it did not look like that.   It came in a white carboard VHS sleeve and I'm pretty sure it had a very simple label on it.   Again I doubt we got a different video but I'm wondering if they made one with metric measurements and English/French labels.   Everything we get has the labels in 2 languages.  The joke, for me anyway, is that at least I know which side of the can to pour the paint from.   :roflmao:

On 2/10/2020 at 5:17 PM, 89 MJ said:

2 things

1. I know why, but I found it funny that they weren’t comparing the Dakota 

2. @Pete M, we have a pinned Comanche literature page, could we get one for videos too?

I was just thinking that.  why don't you start a new one with the title asking for all videos :L:  that way there will be 2 of us that can alter the lead post to gather them all together in one spot. :D  

3 hours ago, Pete M said:

I was just thinking that.  why don't you start a new one with the title asking for all videos :L:  that way there will be 2 of us that can alter the lead post to gather them all together in one spot. :D  

Sounds good!