Thinking about selling my skid plate kit

whowey

I have the factory skid plate kit for my MJ.

But I realize that when I get around to working on my current one, it will never see a trail. Its a long bed, metric tonne. All I really want to do with it is get the body in good shape, and redo the interior and use it for hauling stuff around.

With the impending extra kids and the ones we already have I have to build something different anyway. (I'm thinking shortbed MJ, set-up like one of those tours in the mountains with seats in the back for the kids.)

The kit contains the front skid, the transfer case skid and the big fuel tank skid.

Realistically, I'm trying to have someone talk me out of selling it.

All the skids are in good shape.

I can take a pic but someone forgot to pay his photo host, so they wiped me out temporarily.

The front skid is the same as an XJ(I used it on one) and the t-case skid is the same design but the holes don't line up on the XJ unibody.

I will look for the sales information, IIRC the kit sold for about 150 bucks in 1988.

(The only good thing about buying a truck from an engineer, was the fact I have every single receipt for the truck since it was new.) When I got the truck home and went through all the paperwork. The original owner had given me his credit information and loan application from 1987 when he ordered the truck.

Found the info:

Long bed gas tank skid: 120.19

Front Skid: 48.09

T-case skid: 23.07

Those were list prices, discounted package price: $145

I've never seen this kit before. Do ya have pic's. Only thing I've seen is the a front skid and only on xj's. As far as talking you out of selling it that is easy....

Just give it to me. :jump:

the 89 that TNT now has had this kit, my 3800 has most of this kit (no tank skid), and my cherokee has it. plus I have a few sets in the barn for a rainy day :D

it's not a "kit" that was really sold aftermarket, but it was stock on many xj's and mj's, and usually accompanied by tow hooks

I can take a pic but someone forgot to pay his photo host, so they wiped me out temporarily.

forgot to PAY :eek: :eek: who do you USE they must treat you REALLLLY nice, cause photobucket is free. and i've never had an issue in ~3 years

Its Picture Trail, but we have the super duper account. My wife and her sisters swap photos of kids and stuff. They have probably 2000 pictures of the kids on there. I get a small portion of the space, but I get to pay for it.

And its listed as the off-road package on the window sticker, and in the contract. But I did forget that it included tow hooks. Front and rear tow hooks. I have the front(they are the same as the XJ ones), But I believe that the rears were probably lost when the rear bumper was lost.

don't sell the tank skid.

Everything else is easily replaceable, but a tank skid in good shape is really tough to find.

that's my thoughts anyway.

Had I any intention of keeping the MJ's tank, I would have told you to sell it ;)

my local guy at the j/y just showed me about 6 gas tank skids that he has sitting there.. :eek:

fortunantly i already have one on the Manche

shortbed ones don't seem to tough to find. There's two of those by me.

Now, go and ask them to find you one for a longbed, with the 23 gallon tank. Just not a lot of them sold with that package. Mine originally had one, and a longbed rollbar, but someone was intent on making it a street truck, so it was missing.

I got the factory crap t-case skid and the steering skid though :mad:

I tried giving my factory lWB skid away... and no one wnated it a few yrs back :nuts: As for the factory t-case skid... they are tough as nails... I can't tell you how many times Pong has been supported by that thin pice of metal. I agree the front skid is crap... it hurts your approach angle.. and makes a great spot to split your skull