Interior colors/paint

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, eaglescout526 said:

I mean they are 84-85 specific colors and only pertain to the XJ. Can’t imagine any XJ owners coming here for suitable paint matches for the interior. But I’ll add them on this evening. 

Thanks. I’m a nerd. I like this stuff. 

1 minute ago, 89 MJ said:

Thanks. I’m a nerd. I like this stuff. 

What sucks about them is the digital catalog only lists them by the interior color code. So I have to break out the paper catalog and see what they are. If I remember right they are the same line up as 86 except tan is almond and nutmeg is a color. 

Lol ain’t nothin wrong with being a nerd. My head is full of this Jeep knowledge. 

1 hour ago, eaglescout526 said:

What sucks about them is the digital catalog only lists them by the interior color code. So I have to break out the paper catalog and see what they are. If I remember right they are the same line up as 86 except tan is almond and nutmeg is a color. 

Lol ain’t nothin wrong with being a nerd. My head is full of this Jeep knowledge. 

Ah, glad to see they made it nice and easy for you. 🤦🏼‍♂️

10 minutes ago, Chad R said:

Started changing my interior color to day. Firethorn is pretty close.

9763A122-053E-4989-A57A-333F0E21694D.jpeg

Indeed it is. Another member spoke to me about that color and I gave it a shot and was impressed with the results. I compared the color to some NOS seat belt web guides and the color of the plastic aged so it was darker than the paint but it was nonetheless close. 

13 minutes ago, eaglescout526 said:

Indeed it is. Another member spoke to me about that color and I gave it a shot and was impressed with the results. I compared the color to some NOS seat belt web guides and the color of the plastic aged so it was darker than the paint but it was nonetheless close. 

I did a test spray on some seat belts and was happy. I did buy the plastic prep  part#38353 and vinyl prep part#38343 to make sure the paint sticks

14 minutes ago, Chad R said:

I did a test spray on some seat belts and was happy. I did buy the plastic prep  part#38353 and vinyl prep part#38343 to make sure the paint sticks

So did you also buy the vinyl paint as well? I haven’t ever painted anything vinyl yet, so I’m curious. 

23 minutes ago, eaglescout526 said:

So did you also buy the vinyl paint as well? I haven’t ever painted anything vinyl yet, so I’m curious. 

This is what I bought. When I painted the seat belts it sucked the paint in and I tried rubbing it out. The door panels it sticks good and it’s flexible it feels like the original panel before the paint.

image.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Briarwood girl said:

Hello,

I have a 91 briarwood and a 92 briarwood. I’m looking for the colour paint codes for the interior colours to repaint some panels and recolour the leather. My 91 is a tan colour and my 92 is burgundy. Can you help me find the actual name and codes for these colours?

1991-92: Charcoal, Cordovan and Dark Sand

The interior color code is on the firewall VIN plate in the form of a three digit code that should begin with a number, followed by two letters I do not possess a 91-92 parts manual to show me those codes. But the above is what I pulled from Chrysler’s digital catalog and should be the same across both XJ and MJ. 

7 hours ago, Briarwood girl said:

Hello,

I have a 91 briarwood and a 92 briarwood. I’m looking for the colour paint codes for the interior colours to repaint some panels and recolour the leather. My 91 is a tan colour and my 92 is burgundy. Can you help me find the actual name and codes for these colours?

Let's see your Briarwoods!