Junk Yard Request ... 97+ XJ Chrome.

NHMJXJ

If anyone is pickin', please keep an eye pealed for a 97-2001 XJ Limited.  Pretty sure that's the only model this came on.

Someone obviously liked the chrome tailgate nacelle on my XJ because it's gone.  Fortunately, I have a "special emergency backup" chrome nacelle, but it's "meh".

This is a discontinued part, so used is the only route.  When I found the one that was recently stolen, I discovered they're not available NOS anywhere.

I will gladly reimburse you and compensate you for your troubles.

Here's a pic ... It's the shroud over the licence plate.

tail.jpg

Added to my search list.  Have to say, I don't think I've ever seen one.  Even chrome bumpers for those years, I don't think I've ever seen.

I used to own a 1989 XJ Wagoneer (black & woodgrain).  It had a similar chrome trim piece above the license plate, I believe it said "Wagoneer" on it.  It was missing when i bought it, and it was a great day when I found one.

How is it mounted on the hatchback?  Double sided tape, or mounting studs that go through drilled holes, or ?  

Picture of your spare might be helpful to see how to remove it without damage.

27 minutes ago, schardein said:

Added to my search list.  Have to say, I don't think I've ever seen one.  Even chrome bumpers for those years, I don't think I've ever seen.

How is it mounted on the hatchback?  

Thanks Greg ... I'd appreciate you keeping it in mind when you're pickin'.  It's mounted with 4 torx screws.   

My bumper is aftermarket.  I have a chrome one for the front too, but never mounted it.  I've listed it here many times, but no takers.

Tim

9 hours ago, NHMJXJ said:

Cool.  I'll call for a price.  Thanks for the link!

:L:

I have idea who these folks are but if not them then someone else. 

But if it's impossible to find..........this might be a solution. 

Definitely a classy XJ you have.