Bilstein 4600

I am not sure why this is so hard, but can anyone provide the part number for the front and rear shocks/struts for stock height bilstein 4600 series? I saw a previous thread that listed part numbers, but they don't seem to work (website says that it "doesnt match my vehicle"). I just need regular ol' replacements. 

Thanks for the help in advance!

I've had the 4600s all around.

These have never been listed for the MJ, fronts are listed for the XJ. 

Measure, go to Bilstein site, select size, order, it's that simple. 

No, I don't have pics of the part numbers nor do I remember. 

VB83ACS.jpg

• 4 months later...

Finally got around to putting these shocks on. Front went on no problem, rear has steel sleeve that appears to be attached. Took to a mechanic who said they were the wrong part. He said “I could maybe put them on but I would probably scratch it”. Just want to confirm that these will actually fit before I take it to someone else... rear is part 24-196277

4 hours ago, ghendel said:

Finally got around to putting these shocks on. Front went on no problem, rear has steel sleeve that appears to be attached. Took to a mechanic who said they were the wrong part. He said “I could maybe put them on but I would probably scratch it”. Just want to confirm that these will actually fit before I take it to someone else... rear is part 24-196277

16mm is .625 is 5/8"

You'll need to get creative. Most mechanics/people are not creative. 

You'll need a hydraulic press. 

I'm not sure if 16mm is the inside dimension of the sleeve.....you measure the one you have. Maybe you can find a suitable shock with 16mm sleeves at both ends? I don't know if a 16mm sleeve will slip over the mount bolt? You can try or just measure, the threaded end is not the diameter of the mount/bolt, you'll need to remove a shock and measure the shoulder.

Here is a spec list- https://www.my4by.com/bilstein-shock-specs

Or press out all four bushings and replace with- https://www.summitracing.com/parts/exp-600001?seid=srese1&gclid=CjwKCAiAuK3vBRBOEiwA1IMhuox7KLCrqXMQh9_9Enkd-nO2vrQmometb7kCX-k1_L67GqOjAHkS3hoC7IIQAvD_BwE

Or press out and reuse your existing bushing from your old shocks. 

Dawn dish soap......lube. 

6 hours ago, ghendel said:

As I said in my previous post on this thread , you needed to replace the lower shock bushings . Took me all but a half hour to replace them myself , no hydraulic press ... 

• 3 weeks later...

Absolutely impossible to press out lower shock bushings without hydraulic press. Replacement bushings I purchased (from link above) with outer diameter too small. I will have to take it to a machine shop to get these out. 

11 minutes ago, ghendel said:

Absolutely impossible to press out lower shock bushings without hydraulic press. Replacement bushings I purchased (from link above) with outer diameter too small. I will have to take it to a machine shop to get these out. 

I wonder if the ball joint tool that autozone rents for free would be able to do it? 

Can someone please confirm the shoulder diameter of the lower shock bolt? Ordered the 5/8” bushing and putting the shock on seems harder than it should be. My eyes are bad, it’s hard for me to measure. Looks to be 5/8” to me... 

I can't get it past where it’s at in picture below. 

66B820D1-8490-4ACE-9F90-FD8877D9BF7C.jpeg