CC PowWow at Jim's widow Katie's house Sept 7th in Peublo CO

Pete M

I'll likely be there couple days prior but I really would love a good turnout on the weekend to help with some of the bigger chores on the property.  Key ones I'm thinking of are extending the fence to the corner of the house (so the chickens can be let out in a bigger area to help control the grasshoppers and protect what's left of the grass) and tearing down and (maybe) hauling away an old camper trailer (I have a feeling it can't be towed out anymore but it's been a year since I saw it). 

after that I expect food and drinks and hanging out on the Colorado plains with terrific views of the mountains. :D  It's very possible that Katie still has a bunch of Jim's old Jeep parts to buy if you want to help fund the winter's firewood purchase.  I'll confirm what's left once I get there.  There's plenty of property to pitch a tent or sleep in your rig, and I think she has a couple spare rooms. 

If we can find the time we can even do a day-trip on into the mountains (on roads, nothing needing 4wd) to some of Katie's favorite spots.  :comanche:

• Pete M pinned this topic
22 minutes ago, Pete M said:

do I simply need to join the FB group?

Pete, I can see it as a member of the group.  I expect you need to join the group.  IIRC you'll have to answer a couple of questions and then wait for an administrator to accept your membership.  I expect Scott will correct me if I'm wrong.

24 minutes ago, COMJNUT said:

Ha, dang thing...let me work on it.

See above :))

2 minutes ago, rokinn said:

Pete, I can see it as a member of the group.  I expect you need to join the group.  IIRC you'll have to answer a couple of questions and then wait for an administrator to accept your membership.  I expect Scott will correct me if I'm wrong.

See above :))

You are correct in your statement. Looks like I need to recreate the event outside of the group. I will do that soon.

2 hours ago, Pete M said:

I'm happy to join. :L:  problem is that the link doesn't give me that choice. :( 

If you're on facebook I think I can invite you to be a member of the group.  If you send me your FB membership name in a personal message I will try and add you.

• Pete M unpinned this topic